Monitor Calibration - Try before you buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Recieved thanks :)

If it's ok as I liftshare to work with zooankski we can both get done in one hit. We will still be finished with it way before out 10 days and it will take 2 people out of the queue.

Caporegime
Should be finished with it today and zooanski is having it off me this afternoon. I doubt he will need it longer than a day :)

One question, I only did the quick calibration for now. The colours are a lot more vivid, I take it my colours are adjusted for my monitor on everything now not just when I use Photoshop and lightroom?

Its just the blue for this forum looks a lot better and I'm not sure If i'm imagining it :D

Soldato
Just ran the spyrder2 and my monitor looks really blue. Running dual 2407's so I can see the before and after side by side as I have only done 1 monitor.

I can tell mt uncalibrated screen is too warm and does need toning down but the calibrated screen looks much too cold for my liking. Whites have a slight blue/grey tinge to them. Is the spyder accurate or is it worth tweaking manually (if possible?)

Soldato
Thanks will do :)

edit:

Just used Spyrder2Pro software and the results are much more what I expected. What I was using was slightly too warm and washed out but the Pro software has given a much nicer result! Will be doing the other monitor tomorrow!

Last edited:
Associate
I've got the Spyder2 at the mo, had a lot on with work so taken me a few days to get round to using it. The results have been great after initial calibration with the spyder2express software followed by further calibration with ColorEyes Pro as recommended in this thread.

My only problem is with the luminance. On my first run with ColorEyes Pro I had the luminance set to maximum and it ended up at 167. Then I had it calibrate to 120 and it is a lot duller to my eyes. I use my monitor mostly for gaming where I would probably be happy to sacrifice 'correct' luminance for a more vibrant image. Would you recommend cranking it up a bit or do you guys reckon I should stick to 120?

Also is luminance the same as the brightness/backlight setting on my monitor?

And lastly once my trial with ColorEyes Pro runs out can I just use the spyder software to load different profiles?

Thanks again to Jon (wonder_lander) for the kit :)

Soldato
Add me to the list too please :)

Your awesome ;)

Which version of the software do u need to download? I see a fair few for Windows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom