Monitor Calibration - Try before you buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
this is taking an age! nearly 4 months since i requested and we've gotten through 10! I guess i can expect it in time for summer piccies!

I'm itching to test mine see how far it's out :D

Soldato
OP
Sorry guys, I know it must be frustrating waiting!

I had considered offering a secondary list where the cost was £15.40 to borrow it where I would then stump up the cash for a new one and would limit that list to 10 people. I would then buy a spyder 3 pro and send that out on the rounds to people on the more expensive list. Once it's been round all 10 (to cover the costs) I'd then drop it back to £5.40 and to just cover the postage?

a) any issues from ocuk if we did that?
b) anybody be interested in that option?

Associate
It's really good of you to do this so no moans from this end!

I would be happy to be added to the list of 10 and pay the £15.40.

Cheers

Soldato
The other thing people could maybe do is to post the monitor/profile once they have generated it. That way I could use someone else's Dell 2407 profile whilst I waited for the calibrator to get to me. It would (maybe) be better than nothing.

Soldato
OP
OK have sent everyone on the list, apart from the next person to receive it, a message propossing a new fast track second calibrator which I'll buy once I get confirmation of demand.

As soon as I get the first 5 top tier people to OK I will buy and have delivered straight to the first person on the secondary top tier list.

I will update the opening posts with details if there is sufficient demand for the new calibrator.

Soldato
OP
I'll stick on the current list, only 6 more people to go!
I think the number of days needs to be cut down really, can't see why people can't get it done within 5 days!

No worries chap, have made a note of your preference.

If people are done sooner they do send it on. Days quoted are maximums. Often people want to have a play around, configure their mothers / brothers /friends while they have it too :o)

Soldato
OP
Got the following now but still not enough to justify me buying the second calibrator.

As soon as I have 5 people who confirm they'll take the top tier I will order. To explain £5.40 is the cost of the postage so £15 goes towards the cost of the unit. After everyone on the top tier has had it the next 5 people pay £10.40 (less as they've waited longer) and £5 goes towards the cost of the calibrator.

After it's been round these 10 people the cost of the calibrator has then been covered and it can then just drop to fulfil the original normal list.

Top tier - £20.40 - Spyder 3 Pro - 5 days turnaround - Limited to 5 people
dazz25
Wedge

Second tier - £10.40 -Spyder 3 Pro - 7 days turnaround - Limited to 5 people
Jesta
Da[]San

Stay on Original List - £5.40 - Spyder 2 express - 10 day turnaround
tsinc80697
Scary Squirrel
Clairvoyant
Barno
mart981