Monitor Calibration - Try before you buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
OOH, OOH can you add me to the list please!
OP is a star what a great idea!

Hertfordshire!

Add me to the list too please :)

Your awesome ;)

Which version of the software do u need to download? I see a fair few for Windows.

Added you guys to the list!

Da[]San;16372092 said:
djkay, i'm just fown the road from you in Wigan, we could share..email me in trust to arrange.

I'm happy for it to be shared but it must be done within the agreed 10 day allocation of the unit, hope that's OK

Also can you give me a shout when you receive it so I can keep tabs...thanks!

Associate
Added you guys to the list!

I'm happy for it to be shared but it must be done within the agreed 10 day allocation of the unit, hope that's OK

Also can you give me a shout when you receive it so I can keep tabs...thanks!

Yeah will be, calibrator is being posted tomorrow i'll only need it for a few nights and then i'll let djkav have it.

Soldato
Da[]San;16386367 said:
Yeah will be, calibrator is being posted tomorrow i'll only need it for a few nights and then i'll let djkav have it.

No probs, I'll have it posted on before the 10 days is up. I only live 15min drive from Da[]San.

Soldato
Hi wonder lander, I have current possession of ur calibrator but I was rushed into hospital Thursday 29th wiv kidney stone pain. I will try an get the calibrator back to u ASAP. Sry for the delay :(

Soldato
I've got the Spyder2 at the mo, had a lot on with work so taken me a few days to get round to using it. The results have been great after initial calibration with the spyder2express software followed by further calibration with ColorEyes Pro as recommended in this thread.

My only problem is with the luminance. On my first run with ColorEyes Pro I had the luminance set to maximum and it ended up at 167. Then I had it calibrate to 120 and it is a lot duller to my eyes. I use my monitor mostly for gaming where I would probably be happy to sacrifice 'correct' luminance for a more vibrant image. Would you recommend cranking it up a bit or do you guys reckon I should stick to 120?

Also is luminance the same as the brightness/backlight setting on my monitor?

And lastly once my trial with ColorEyes Pro runs out can I just use the spyder software to load different profiles?

Thanks again to Jon (wonder_lander) for the kit :)

I'm sure your no longer in posession of the colorimeter by now so apologies for my late response, however for future reference should you choose to purchase your own..

120cd/m2 is a starting point for luminance, and will still depend on the ambient lighting for your monitor, and amount of lighting for any output media. Though I will say whilst 120cd/m2 will often look dull to factory brightness with immediate change, you will likely get used to the new setting untill it just appears normal. 120 will be too low if you're working in a greenhouse on a sunny day, for example, or too high if you're working in a pitch black room. I work at 80cd/m2!

Plus if your monitor is mainly used for gaming you're not having to conform to any standard, set what you like using. Alternatively create a couple of profiles, a gaming one, and a working one (Though it's unfortunately not very easy to switch between profiles on the fly in windows unless there is a new more advanced LUT loader with CEDP)

Soldato
I'm going on holiday from the 15th June to the 9th July and I think the calibrator will reach me between these times so any chance of skipping me and then putting me back into the line after the 9th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom