Monster Studio A45 Collaboration Project - Sponsored

I could be tempted... But you can't do it on your own (unless you have 'assets' that you wouldn't want to allude to on the forums :p).... The issue is that I'm cheap - if my xspc raystorm (v3 I think) AM4 block will do, then I'm kinda tempted :D
By which I mean... Have enough of an ATX mobo and don't wanna splash out on an ITX. Maybe next gen (or the one after that)

I know of a few that do come here anonymously to check up on the progress of the builds i do :p.

ITX isn't getting cheaper unfortunately, i thought the new X870 boards would lower the pricing but it seems to be on a up hill climb still. Have to wait and see what Intel's Arrow lake brings and what pricing it comes in at. Hopefully not another £400 itx board for their Z series.

lol. They make it look like landing gear. Amazing.

Thanks dude! i'm in the process of modifying them to include springs. The springs doesn't actually have any physical purpose but it does add to the aesthetics lol. I suppose what the springs will also do is add pressure to the nuts so the adjustment bar can't move once adjusted.

I could have taken the easy route and used lock nuts but who wants the easy route anyway :cry:

Also like my ex, more girth round the back is better.

I do like the chunkier look with the springs, and also the struts aren't crossing over at the top now which was driving me mad but wasn't going to say anything

Last edited:
Also like my ex, more girth round the back is better.

I do like the chunkier look with the springs, and also the struts aren't crossing over at the top now which was driving me mad but wasn't going to say anything

haha! Who doesn't love abit of girth :p.

Yeah it was driving me nuts too, the old struts were too long so couldn't shorten them enough.. however these new ones are just right, swapping out most of the hardware for carbon steel parts makes all the difference. I love the final look from the rear now, it's gorgeous!

The more i look at this, the more it reminds me of a specific car that has a rear brace/suspension setup that crosses over a rear mounted engine. Can't remember which one it is, maybe one of the Mclarens?

I'm still stuck with which way I want to go tbh.... part of me wants to have everything in the one box (including big rads, some 2.5" and maybe a 3.5" drive.... maybe optical drive, although I can probably ditch that once I rip all my DVDs to the NAS...)

The other part of me wants to go a more modular route and wall or under-desk mount the rad(s)... wouldn't mind a small 7-9 or maybe 12" maxd extra screen for monitoring OBS/Discord, but again that could be a separate break out box (that might make more sense rather than looping an HDMI cable back in to the case, but had been considering DP alt mode from a motherboard USB-C header)

Edit: If I did go with the 480 under the desk or on the wall, I'd still probably want at least a 240 in the main case with a bypass and QDCs, so I could theoretically use it stand alone.... although this is yet another thing that I'll probably never need, except for maybe taking my PC to my parent's if I stay there to look after their dog again.... but even then I could either transplant it or build a secondary PC out of spares for that!

I think whatever happens, it'll take me a long time to decide and commit to an idea.... Even getting round to cleaning my watercooling stuff and Enthoo Primo has taken over 18 months so far :D it's been living in a beat up bitfenix shinobi with a £17 air cooler ever since

Last edited:
I'm still stuck with which way I want to go tbh.... part of me wants to have everything in the one box (including big rads, some 2.5" and maybe a 3.5" drive.... maybe optical drive, although I can probably ditch that once I rip all my DVDs to the NAS...)

The other part of me wants to go a more modular route and wall or under-desk mount the rad(s)... wouldn't mind a small 7-9 or maybe 12" maxd extra screen for monitoring OBS/Discord, but again that could be a separate break out box (that might make more sense rather than looping an HDMI cable back in to the case, but had been considering DP alt mode from a motherboard USB-C header)

Edit: If I did go with the 480 under the desk or on the wall, I'd still probably want at least a 240 in the main case with a bypass and QDCs, so I could theoretically use it stand alone.... although this is yet another thing that I'll probably never need, except for maybe taking my PC to my parent's if I stay there to look after their dog again.... but even then I could either transplant it or build a secondary PC out of spares for that!

I think whatever happens, it'll take me a long time to decide and commit to an idea.... Even getting round to cleaning my watercooling stuff and Enthoo Primo has taken over 18 months so far :D it's been living in a beat up bitfenix shinobi with a £17 air cooler ever since

7" is ideal, that's what i use currently though i've been tempted to mount my old 24" monitor back up to use as a stats display :cry:.

Blimey 18 months?! :cry: you're worse than me lol!

I like the idea of being able to keep the case as is with a radiator still mounted internally so it's not constantly tied to an external setup. That's why the manifold idea came to be but then the pc hasn't moved since so it's been kinda useless in that sense.

What about an external optical drive? Maybe a USB one, i remember having one of those awhile ago before i retired all physical media.

7" is ideal, that's what i use currently though i've been tempted to mount my old 24" monitor back up to use as a stats display :cry:.

Blimey 18 months?! :cry: you're worse than me lol!

I like the idea of being able to keep the case as is with a radiator still mounted internally so it's not constantly tied to an external setup. That's why the manifold idea came to be but then the pc hasn't moved since so it's been kinda useless in that sense.

What about an external optical drive? Maybe a USB one, i remember having one of those awhile ago before i retired all physical media.
I can't imagine open frame designs lend themselves to being portable :P

Yeah a USB optical drive is an option I could consider... the only other option is to stick with the cases I have as there aren't many with a slot for one now... I also have a 5.25" fan controller but again that's a problem with many possible solutions!

I can't imagine open frame designs lend themselves to being portable :P

Yeah a USB optical drive is an option I could consider... the only other option is to stick with the cases I have as there aren't many with a slot for one now... I also have a 5.25" fan controller but again that's a problem with many possible solutions!

It has a handle :cry::p, instant portable lol.

Oh man, i still have mine too the fan controller from back in the day! I actually miss those instead of all the software malarky we have now. It was so much simpler back then, just a turn of a nob to adjust fan speeds. Or the more fancy Aquaero ones with temp sensors.

And so begins the tubing run and some cable routing/management for the fans. Using P clips i've used the empty radiator mounting holes to route the cable using the p clips to hold it in place for a clean run.

Suspension mod complete! Got rid of the fake carbon fibre tubes in place for some real ones. Used a slightly thicker tube as well, 12mm compared to the previous 10mm, adds a tiny bit of girth but makes all the difference. The springs also have the benefit of holding the tube in a locked position and won't come loose.

That’s awesome! I need it mounted to my sim rig above the pedals
:D

Back
Top Bottom