Moon Knight (Marvel TV series)

Soldato
It definitely didn't grab me as 'marvel' in comparison to their last 1-2 years work. Which actually worked in its favour, I really enjoyed it.

This is something different and Oscar Isaacs bizarre SG persona was fresh, can't wait for the next episode.
I was thinking the same thing, probably because the characters weren't dropping pithy one liners every other minute like other marvel IP's that take you out of the moment.

It's an interesting 1st episode, looking forward to see where they take it.

Soldato
It's a bit crap and hammy!

But the story is opening up a bit and I'm enjoying the ride so far.

Any end credits scenes? There doesn't seem to be.

Soldato
They usually only do 1 or 2 post-credits scenes over a mini-series, maybe on in the middle and one at the end.

I can see why - pay packet not withstanding - Oscar thought this might be fun since the nature of the character gives him a chance to run the full a c t i n g gamut, physical comedy etc.

Caporegime
I think only Wandavision had a post credits in the middle of the series (and a lot of people missed it because of this) I think the rest have only used one on the last episode.

Associate
Enjoying it so far, like the character and the mystery around him. What is odd is that Steven was not aware of his alternate personality until recently. His alter ego is a trained soldier, so surely he would have known.. Or did his alter ego develop after, plus is Steven the alter ego and Marc the main personality?

Plus for someone who has so many 'traps' to figure out if he's going out at night.. He didn't think of a simple camera??

Don
Watching all the stuff around London was utterly jarring for anyone that is even remotely familiar with the city. Steven is supposed to work at the British Museum, but all of the outdoor shots were of the National Gallery at Trafalgar Square. The tube stop supposedly at Tottenham Court Road wasn't real, and a plethora of other needlessly "wrong" parts about being in London.

In the scene with the security guard in Episode 2, the guard says "museum" but the uniform says Art Gallery. Its like they changed the last minute location of the show, and dubbed / replaced National Gallery with British Museum for some bizarre reason

Caporegime
Watching all the stuff around London was utterly jarring for anyone that is even remotely familiar with the city. Steven is supposed to work at the British Museum, but all of the outdoor shots were of the National Gallery at Trafalgar Square. The tube stop supposedly at Tottenham Court Road wasn't real, and a plethora of other needlessly "wrong" parts about being in London.

In the scene with the security guard in Episode 2, the guard says "museum" but the uniform says Art Gallery. Its like they changed the last minute location of the show, and dubbed / replaced National Gallery with British Museum for some bizarre reason

He actually works at the non-existent "national art gallery"

Soldato
One interesting thought from the second episode:

The first episode features a bunch of odd things going on in Steven's life, which are supposedly down to Marc. For the most part, the idea that Marc is responsible seems quite reasonable. Most of it seems focussed on keeping Steven settled and unaware of his existence. But there's one thing which I think stands out as at odds with who Marc appears to be - the date. Why would he ask the lady from the gallery out to dinner? He wouldn't be interested in going on the date himself. And I don't think there's any indication from his discussions with Steven to suggest he would seek out a date for Steven. Marc didn't care about Steven's happiness, he only cared that he remained oblivious to Marc's existence. So if Marc didn't organise the date, who did? Is there a third personality trapped in there? And if so, does Marc already know?

Soldato
2nd episode didn't grab me as much as the 1st unfortunately probably because it was more 'marvelesque' compared to the 1st one. Bit of a shame.

Caporegime
One interesting thought from the second episode:

The first episode features a bunch of odd things going on in Steven's life, which are supposedly down to Marc. For the most part, the idea that Marc is responsible seems quite reasonable. Most of it seems focussed on keeping Steven settled and unaware of his existence. But there's one thing which I think stands out as at odds with who Marc appears to be - the date. Why would he ask the lady from the gallery out to dinner? He wouldn't be interested in going on the date himself.

Why wouldn't he, he was divorcing his wife.

Back
Top Bottom