Mooooo ....SMASH!

Man of Honour
As said above, they don't 'soften the blow', they are actually pretty solid during those few milliseconds of infaltion. They are not designed to give you a nice squishy pillow, they are there to stop you smashing your face on the steering wheel/dash/windscreen.
And help prevent neck damage/wipe lash.

Soldato
The very act of ignition causes them to inflate and deploy, so if they don't inflate, they can't deploy, yours are deployed, so they had to inflate.

Exactly. There is no mechanism for them to gently unroll themselves out of the dashboard/steering wheel. They inflate and burst through a hinged panel exactly as they have done in this case.

dsb

dsb

Associate
Glad you ok mate, seems like you got away quite lucky.

One question, how will this work with insurance, the farmer must be held liable for failing to not secure his stock, but will your insurance pay you out and claim of him or what?

Soldato
I'd deffinately be looking at claiming against the farmer for any uninsured losses and injury compensation, he should be easy enough to trace from the cow's tag.

Soldato
OP
When i crashed, i shouted '****' very loud. I swirved into the hard shoulder. Tried to phone police but both my phones had no battery so i had to try and flag someone down on the motorway which was quite scary. Eventually a lorry driver stopped after seeing a massive cow on the hard shoulder dead as hell with me waving my arms about. Though i was going to die actually because i couldnt breath well at all. So the lorry driver stopped dragged me in his lorry and called all the services, police ambulance and fire and they arrived within 7 mins (Was M4 between J18 and J19). So they rushed me away to hospital and was there about 5 hours getting treament for lungs.

I was actually on my way home from Heathrow (holiday in Helsinki with GF). And i was meant to be starting new job the next morning!!!!!! Not a good time to happen. I started new job on Wednesday. Im so glad my GF wasnt in the passenger side, i dont even want to think what would have happened.

Waiting to hear from Garage and Police to see waht the next steps are. Going out to see what cars i can get. Funnily enough, i was looking to buy an R32 last week so will see what i get from GTI and try my best to get R32!! I am off out now to look at some at local garage so will see what happends!

I am just so lucky and grateful to still be alive!

Back
Top Bottom