Mooooo ....SMASH!

Associate
Good to hear you got out pretty unscathed, as said the airbags have deployed fine, it's just so qiuck that you rarely see it in action.

I'd say that'll be written off once the salvage value is accounted for , which will be pretty decent given all the running gear, engine, interior and many body panels are intact. Plus the fact that a new 'a' pillar and inner wing plus possibly firewall are all integral chassis parts and will require much of the car being stripped out to replace.

If you loved the MK5, how about an ED30? far cheaper to buy & run than an R32 and quicker in many situations, but very similar feel to the gti but with a bit more poke :)

Soldato
80mph? You sure...legal limit is 70 round here pal!

Glad you are ok, if that car is not written off I would be seriously worried. The next VW you get, try and get leather seats. I don't know how anyone likes the burberry and cloth seats!

Soldato
OP
Saw a 08 Ed30 at the garage for 1k more than the R32 they had (which was 07). Im not a fan of the alloys on the Ed30 but boy did the Ed30 look sooo nice. Will have to think about this one.

Anyone can hazzard a guess as too how much i would get from insurance? They are phoning me tomorrow so will see what happens.

Associate
Saw a 08 Ed30 at the garage for 1k more than the R32 they had (which was 07). Im not a fan of the alloys on the Ed30 but boy did the Ed30 look sooo nice. Will have to think about this one.

Anyone can hazzard a guess as too how much i would get from insurance? They are phoning me tomorrow so will see what happens.

I'm guessing between 10k and 11k? 12k if your lucky. You seen the Golf GTI Pirelli thats available to order? Link here

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad your ok, wouldnt know how i feel if i was in the sam position as you. I know i almost hit a deer but acctually hitting something and at some speed must make you slightly poo your pants!

Soldato

The Edition 30 has the same engine as in the Audi S3 (detuned though) so can remap nicely to 300bhp+. It'd be my choice if I was buying a Golf (not that I would :D)

Soldato
Glad your ok, wouldnt know how i feel if i was in the sam position as you. I know i almost hit a deer but acctually hitting something and at some speed must make you slightly poo your pants!

Yea if you know you have long journey ahead consisting of country roads, its generally better to drive around in brown underwear just incase ;)

Soldato
Funny you should say that, on Wednesday i was driving to work and a deer ran sraight in front of me, luckily saw it in an opening through the fence running across the field so had to to slow. If that opening wasnt therecould have been a different story.

Stupid animals!

Soldato
Only just seen this, but i remember a story from my old fella who was on traffic duty years ago, attended an accident on the A49 near Antrobus in Cheshire (Pretty bad S bend), guy driving along minding his own business when a cow jumps the fence on a raised roadside field, landed plump on the bonnet of a passing car. As they were sorting it out he heard this low whining noise steadily getting louder as the seconds ticked on. Couple of minutes later a 'big fancy BMW' (his words, not mine!) comes round the corner at speed, spots all the cops, ambulance and fire and slams on, slides straight past the cops, smashes through the gate and stops a good few yards in the field. Dads mate walks up to the window and calmly says with a straight face 'Overshot the runway a bit there, didn't we, Wing commander'.

Still tickles me now when i recall the story.

Hope all is ok with getting your car sorted.

Kef

Back
Top Bottom