Mooooo ....SMASH!

Man of Honour
i dont think you will get hit in the face with the air bag unless you are thrown forward in a head on,

i had head on with e90 zimmer at 20mph ish, air bag hit me in face and bust my lip apart from the lip it felt like a nice soft cushion

Caporegime
The Airbag didnt even touch me. Should it?
Depends on the relative severity of the collision, had you hit something more solid, I'd imagine you would have. - I know a Cow / Bull is hardly lightly built but a lot softer relatively than say hitting a wall for example.

The main thing is your ok, shame about the Car, daft sodding cow got what it deserved.

You have your life and as you say, thank god the GF was not there!

And a pat on the back for the trucker! :D

I smell BS - What the cow did when it saw the GTI :eek::D

example of an air bag deployment here... goes up quick and down just as quick as well.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_Av0WGrlTGY

are we ok to link to you tube? :)

We have a Youtube thread so I'd think so mate. :)

Man of Honour
yeh it is the cow's fault lol how thick do you have to be to walk into the middle of a motorway, its not like theres loads of glass and water and other cows to mate with

Soldato
OP
I would just like to point out a few things.

The Cow was just stood in the middle of my line doing nothing - Stupid Cow.

I have Xeons but still didnt see him until last second - No, im not blind, my eyes are fine. Even if i saw him, i would have swerved and that would have been thousands time worse, as i would have gone into all the lanes and been smashed up completely.

I didnt take any picture of the Bull but my brother told me it was MAHHOOOSIVE. I dont know what they did with the dead cow? Highway People sorted it out.

Soldato
yeh it is the cow's fault lol how thick do you have to be to walk into the middle of a motorway, its not like theres loads of glass and water and other cows to mate with

No it's the farmers fault for not keeping their cow secured in a Field. It's their responsibility.

The cow wouldn't have a clue it was even on the motorway or how dangerous it was and was more than likely dazzled anyway to get out the way fast enough. :p

I'd be finding the farmer responsible for the cow...

Soldato
TBH the damage is not that bad for what you hit, the claim will come down to chassis damage and main fire wall damage between the engine bay and the cabin, it doesn't look that bad. The air bag deployment is 3k straight off but a wing, bonnet, door panel is not that bad although the roof does look bent which generally does mean chassis damage. The door is designed to just need the panel replaced rather than the whole door. The xenons will put the price up as its almost £1500 compared to the £180 for a standared one (shows why the insurance company charges for optional extras !)

The airbags also did inflate otherwise they would have not been deployed, they are VERY fast so you would't have seen them. They are not the best depending on circumstances they put my head through the side widow after an impact which hurt a lot !

Last edited:
Soldato
Bloody hell! You're one lucky SOB. Unlucky about the GTI though. I think it may be a write off. That farmer will be getting one hefty bollocking from the police i should think. I say if you liked the GTI that much....get another one! They are fine cars indeed!

Back
Top Bottom