Mordhau [first-person Medieval multiplayer fighting game]

Soldato
It's a LOT of fun. :D

Performs really well at 4K and looks stunning, ping issues seem to be resolved now, 64-player madness!

Thought the ping issue had returned myself, but then realised my son was watching amazon prime on the wifi too, still only 80-100 ping, but you notice the difference. Timing is so key with parrying.

Soldato
finally got in after an hour, couldn't even get the server browser to display anything for ages.

Did the tutorial, understood all the moves just fine, got in to a few matches and proceeded to get absolutely annihilated by much higher ranked players for the next 2 hours, wasn't much fun to be honest.

Soldato
When starting out, don't go out on your own (assuming frontline/skirmish etc), work together. Practice your parrying, and try (I can't do it) to recognise feints and morphs. If you can get some steam friends/discord etc to play, it really helps the organisation side of things.

Try all the builds, but then stick with the one that seems to suit you, it lets you get more used to the range of the weapon etc.

Associate
Never used the matchmaking been using the browser without issues since launch.
Halberd has got to be my favourite weapon so far, went on massive streaks last night with it. Big poke range which is good Vs rapier/spears and still good for swinging about in crowds like a greatsword, overhead usually kills people in one hit too.

Faking people into blocking and racking up the kills is easy at the moment with so many new players, guess in a couple weeks itlli be harder

Soldato
I'm getting better with spotting the fake swings, but still a long way off. Think I'm going to try and start chambering more often, with first focus on that rather than parry. Might take a while...

Soldato
I think it will come down to taste. I'm never going to be a top player, struggle to react quickly enough to pull off the top level moves, but I can definitely assist my team more than hinder them overall (though I guess it depends on the eventual quality of opposition). Having a lot of fun with it though, and practice should keep help improving me I'd guess.

Soldato
Picked this up last night, great fun! Spend most of my time getting my legs chopped off but still fun :p

Think I need to get watching some tutorials and practising! :D

Anyone fancy teaming up at some point this week? Got a team of 5-6 of us so far but more would make the organisational side of things even better! I'll stick a link to my discord channel in here when i'm home tonight, although make sure the kids are in bed or you've got headphones on and have thick skin :p:)

Soldato
1st person for me.

Happy to be added in steam, same username, picture of Ratbag from the middle earth games as icon. Playing with a group from Resonant's youtube channel, lots of players there.

Soldato
This game is absolutely epic. I loved Chivalry but this takes it to the next level to be honest. You get some genuinely hilarious moments whilst playing in the 64-player mode. Some AAA titles at double the price don't get you as much fun, and now that they've ironed out their issues (only caused by huge demand which they didn't foresee) it's great. I use the server browser because the matchmaking doesn't seem to work, but I can get into games within a few minutes using the server browser, and then stability is great after that. The huge fights are just awesome. I've been playing in first person perspective. It's much better that way although you can't see enemies from the side, but that's alright!

Soldato
Still loving it. I've been playing a lot as an archer, the arrow physics are spot in IMO, sniping a horse rider at distance is so satisfying.

The only issue I've noticed is the occasional stutter where the framerate suddenly tanks to 1fps for a couple of seconds, then recovers back to normal. It only happens rarely and I'm sure it's fixable as otherwise the game plays very smoothly.

Soldato
I'm not colourblind enough to be effected, but the sheer volume of blood, combined with some gear being really minimal for team colours, makes it tough regardless at times.

Soldato
Game doesnt cater for colourblind people at all unfortunately. Wish games wouldnt default to red and blue lol.

I'm not colourblind enough to be effected, but the sheer volume of blood, combined with some gear being really minimal for team colours, makes it tough regardless at times.

Even not being colurblind, it's still tough to identify teams sometimes! Especially when a blue is covered in blood!

Just played some Duel mode and it was great fun, 1 v 1 duels with etiquette and its great!

Back
Top Bottom