Mordhau [first-person Medieval multiplayer fighting game]

Soldato
Try something else Andr3w.

What have you been playing as/with, which modes?

I enjoy frontline if playing with other people I can talk/listen to. But only play it with randoms if I'm just wanting to test out a new weapon/build etc.

Dueling is interesting, even when I get my bum kicked.

When fighting, listen for the grunts, it means the swing is committed and not feinted.

If your reactions are too slow (like mine can be), try different builds. Try a firebomber, see if you can grab a fallen weapon and just go nuts to finish. Or engineer (christ a good engineer can make assaulting a capture point a really tough proposition!).

See if you get on with alternate grips better than regular. All the weapon types. Sometimes I hate fighting mauls, they're soooooo slow that I parry, finish parrying, and almost parry again by the time they hit you (and one shot you). etc etc

Or the games not for you, that happens too.

Soldato
Same, so so so bad! :o

Played some Duel mode last night which I think is great practice. 1 v 1 with etiquette so it actually gives you a chance to practice techniques without getting speared from behind! :)

Definitely. And it's good for seeing what others do. What annoys me though, is when I manage to not fall for the feints of quick weapons, but panic when the slowest weapon in the game morphs me :(.

Associate
Amazing game. Chopping off a limb and watching someone scream and flail about is brilliant. In the same vain as when you lose an arm and start trying to punch anyone in reach :D

Soldato
Hate fighting mauls in duels. It's sooo slow that the timings still throw me off. Some people don't like that it tends to be a one hit, one kill weapon, but given it doesn't have the best reach, and certainly slow, I don't mind it.

Rapier annoys the hell out of me though, so damn fast with a fairly good range too.

Soldato
Having had it for a week, unless you have the time to commit to get good expect to die a lot.

Also, it needs some balancing and maybe some map redesign? The current maps force choke points so it's just mauls and axes swinging wildly and shield/short spear losers doing nothing but stabbing.

However don't take my review as gospel, i'm not very good and it's infuriating :p

Soldato
Do some dueling to improve basic fighting skills. Play frontline and skirmishes, to get better at judging when to swing, and when to stab (on your own, or with teammates).

If you get isolated, just start swinging and keep changing target, don't retreat, you'll get overwhelmed, whereas going aggressive you can sometimes get those sweet moments where you rip 4 guys apart :D.

Soldato
I'm done for today. Frontlines. Went into Camp as blue, killed 2 heavy armoured guys, then won a 5 on 1, then took out another 2 guys before finally getting stabbed to death. Can't get better than that.

Soldato
Ahhh a good days stabbing ser

No stabbing (well, probably not much), big old swings with the bardiche, lopping off heads left, right and centre. So satisfying when you get 3 kills in one swing, and hurt the 4th.

Not really that skilled for the most part, OK dueler, but have learnt that the only chance you have in 1 vs X situations is just move, change targets and a bit of the old ultra violence, no retreat.

Back
Top Bottom