• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** MORE 8 PACK PRE-BINNED CPU's AVAILABLE UPTO 5.2GHz!! **

Soldato
Heres a little snip of some that were sold via caseking for extreme benchmarkers(LN2 cooling) also offered with a warranty.
Even though the cooling used is far superior the testing method is less time consuming than binning for the "normal" 24/7 stable user. On LN2, mount pot, cool down, keep pushing frequencys and voltages on a quick benchmark to find max limit, job pretty much done.
24/7 testing will require quite a few tests to find maximum stability to ensure very minimal returns on the product being offered.

Soldato
4.7 - 85% do this (this is why we offer retail un-opened boxes guaranteed to this)
4.8 - 70% do this
5.0 - 30% do this
5.1 - 10% do this
5.2 - under 3% do this

We actually test them without de-lidding and above the advertised speeds with just 120mm AIO cooling. So the product you get will run cooler than how we tested it unless your using a rubbish air cooler, otherwise any AIO wil do and those on H20 should be able to get beyond what we advertise.

All the above is in reference to the 7700k and how we test which is rather stressful to the CPU to ensure its stability in a customer environment.

The 5.2 is very expensive with good reason, very few can do it and those who are benchmarking, want the best or are professional users trying to cut down on processing time find such processors in-valuable as it saves them big money on binning themselves or improves their efficiency and as such making them more money.

Well I can't refute your figures but how are they validated as they are very different to 8packs earlier figures posted here (post 59) https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...7600k-bundles-5ghz-5-1ghz-del.18764249/page-3

I know they are 'earlier' figures but I wouldn't expect such variance either.

Soldato
Heres a little snip of some that were sold via caseking for extreme benchmarkers(LN2 cooling) also offered with a warranty.
Even though the cooling used is far superior the testing method is less time consuming than binning for the "normal" 24/7 stable user. On LN2, mount pot, cool down, keep pushing frequencys and voltages on a quick benchmark to find max limit, job pretty much done.
24/7 testing will require quite a few tests to find maximum stability to ensure very minimal returns on the product being offered.

You've got to pay to play :D

Soldato
If they were overpriced wouldn't buy and the price would soon drop. To be fair to OCUK they're offering a service and people can choose to pay for it or not. The best of the best costs and the truth is most people can't or won't pay for it. Good luck to the rich enthusiasts out there :)

Associate
Can you actually point me to any games that are cpu bound and not gpu bound where a dog chip at 4.8ghz is going to perform worse than a golden chip at 5.0-5.1ghz......

iracing, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, Raceroom Racing Experience, Dirt Rally - all when played in VR. That little extra could be the difference between 90FPS and 45FPS, unless you turn of ASW (Oculus) and relay on ATW which will allow you a variable frame rate for the animation with head tracking at 90FPS.

Associate
iracing, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, Raceroom Racing Experience, Dirt Rally - all when played in VR. That little extra could be the difference between 90FPS and 45FPS, unless you turn of ASW (Oculus) and relay on ATW which will allow you a variable frame rate for the animation with head tracking at 90FPS.

In which case, the "dog chip" still seems to be the best choice for the vast majority of people. It's interesting that just a few 100 extra MHz can make such a difference in VR though.

Soldato
Nope 0.2ghz isn't going to bet you 45fps

Next!

Soldato
Small premium? £899 for a 7700k, you could buy two and bin the rubbish one and still be better off. ;)

What's the loss on a "used once" 7700k anyway? Maybe £70? So for the £650 you could buy at least 8 cpu's to bin yourself. Minus £50 for the delid tool, you could sell your own de-lidded cpu's and maybe reduce your losses and increase your number of attempts.

Crazy money. But I suppose if there is a market, there is a market.

OcUK Staff
OP
Well I can't refute your figures but how are they validated as they are very different to 8packs earlier figures posted here (post 59) https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...7600k-bundles-5ghz-5-1ghz-del.18764249/page-3

I know they are 'earlier' figures but I wouldn't expect such variance either.

His figures were de-lidded, mine are based without de-lidding, as de-lidding the CPU can help reduced temps by a good 20c or so and it can result in 50-100MHz more stable.

All our pre-binned CPU's are tested, at this point they get their model name, so 4.8, 5.0, 5.1 or 5.2 for example. They are then de-lidded and re-tested at the clock they previously attained stable. We do it this way so when customers get these chips they can easily hit the advertised speed, many customers will no doubt gain an additional 100MHz on top if they have the top kit and H20 cooling.

OcUK Staff
OP
No!

Dont know exact numbers but as an example it will be like this, OCUK take delivery of 10 trays of OEM cpu's, 1 tray will go for the binning process and the other 9 gets put on the shelf for selling in the normal manor, UNTOUCHED!

That is correct!

7700k retail and 7700k OEM are un-touched and un-tested product, customers buying those could end up with a 4.7 or 5.3 CPU, the gamble is down to them.

Soldato
Lmao.

Back
Top Bottom