Image056.jpg

there nice and clean

Image057.jpg

also noticed this
SS101941.jpg

SS101943.jpg

id imagine i would be quite easy to mod a fan controller in to that

Soldato
How long did yours take to get that dusty indy? and is that with 2 12's in the front?

Incidently, my power led can't hookup because my motherboard has a 2 pin power led, not 3 like the 300's cable requires :(

Suppose I could mod it easily enough but still annoying.

Associate
i have had it about 6 weeks and this is the 1st time i have cleaned it.
just one 12" its a tricool the same as the rear set to high its positioned at the bottom

yeah my power led header is the same i just moved one of the pins in the connector ~30sec job

Associate
Quick question - would you say another 2 front/1 side fans are needed for this case in addition to the default 2? As long as they're quiet fans there shouldn't be too much noise, right?

I know it depends on the PC's components too, I'm just wondering if 5 fans total would be overkill for say...a C2D E8400/Single HD4850/3 HDD system with no overclocking. I've only built one machine before so I'm still learning.

Thanks for the pics though, I really want this case :D

Associate
well ive got 5 fans 3 running full and 1 running medium and 1 running slow and there is noise but mainly of my card4870 and my artic freezer on my cpu which is running at 100%

Associate
edgey, just wondering, what side fan is that you're using there? its just i heard a normal 120mm won't fit on the side with a tuniq tower. thanks.

Soldato
can i ask what temps your getting? because i have the same cooler + cpu and was thinking getting this case to replace my zen.

I have exactly the same specs as Edgey, only difference is 3 hard drives and 4 sticks of ram.

My temps are 32C idle and 55C load, according to coretemp.

I have the tuniq tower's fan controller at about 70%.

Associate
doesn't seem that impressive then, I get the same temps with my akasa zen :)

Yes but his PC may not be kept in the same environment as yours ie:
radiators, stuffed under a desk, not great ventilation in the room.
Theres a lot of things to consider. I would also imagine that the 3 HDD's create a bit of heat too. Some GFX cards create more heat inside your case than others too. which all help push the temps up that little bit.

Last edited:
Soldato
doesn't seem that impressive then, I get the same temps with my akasa zen :)
Q6600 overclocked to 3.40 Ghz.
and That was with prime small-fft's, i find it toastes the cpu more than anything.

It's a pretty big drop from my old case (coolermaster centurion 530) which had it at 35 idle and 65 load.

So im very satisifed :cool:

Permabanned
Yes but his PC may not be kept in the same environment as yours ie:
radiators, stuffed under a desk, not great ventilation in the room.
Theres a lot of things to consider. I would also imagine that the 3 HDD's create a bit of heat too. Some GFX cards create more heat inside your case than others too. which all help push the temps up that little bit.

Well I have an 8800GTX, 4 sticks of ram, and 4 hdds, and im still rinning cooler :/

Associate
I am slowly putting together my new Gaming Rig and its all going to be housed in an Antec 300.

For the Money its absolutely amazing and in some respects superior to the 900.

If your wondering what it looks like with the fans installed heres a little preview.

Antec300a.jpg

Antec300.jpg

Apologies to the thread creator im not trying to hijack your thread just adding my appreciation to the 300.

I actually have plans to get my side panel professionally cut and a window fitted, Then install a Zalman CNPS9700-NT (lots of Green) to keep the Processor nice and cool :D

Come to think of it my Antec Quattro 1000 arrives tommorow Groovy

Associate
I am slowly putting together my new Gaming Rig and its all going to be housed in an Antec 300.

For the Money its absolutely amazing and in some respects superior to the 900.

If your wondering what it looks like with the fans installed heres a little preview.

Antec300a.jpg

Antec300.jpg

Apologies to the thread creator im not trying to hijack your thread just adding my appreciation to the 300.

I actually have plans to get my side panel professionally cut and a window fitted, Then install a Zalman CNPS9700-NT (lots of Green) to keep the Processor nice and cool :D

Come to think of it my Antec Quattro 1000 arrives tommorow Groovy

make sure that heatsink will fit and not hit any copper pipes, those heatsinks are massive. nice pics though:)

Back
Top Bottom