More London violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's awful that knife crime is so bad. The only small consolation is that most of it involves gangs who are willing participants. where it is a tragedy is when innocent people are hurt.

Half these people are just teenagers. They need help. In an environment like that, all sorts of people pick up knives to protect themselves of their family / girlfriend. I think every death is a tragedy. Every life lost is a life that could have turned around, might have been going somewhere, has destroyed the life of their parents, siblings or kids. I'm not meaning to jump on you for this, you said it as only a "small consolation". But I question what "willing participant" means to a young person growing up in such an environment really means.

Honour killing for sure, she shared the same name as her killer before she got married.

The real question is if the Husband was part of it?

The story sounds a little "iffy" to me, he found this guy in the shed, he ran instead of closing the door and trapping him inside and when he got inside the house, he didn't close the door on him and all the while, somehow his wife got shot by a crossbow? You think... he be standing front of his wife, protecting her, especially in a small house they have.

Confronted by surprise by someone armed with a lethal weapon, running seems quite understandable to me. Nor, if he was "in on it" would he have likely opened the shed, screamed for his wife to run as he ran back to the house. Unless it's your contention that the whole scenario was fabricated and I see no reason to think so.

Honour killing for sure, she shared the same name as her killer before she got married.

The real question is if the Husband was part of it?

The story sounds a little "iffy" to me, he found this guy in the shed, he ran instead of closing the door and trapping him inside and when he got inside the house, he didn't close the door on him and all the while, somehow his wife got shot by a crossbow? You think... he be standing front of his wife, protecting her, especially in a small house they have.

Post more anime wrongness, at least you're on stable ground there.

This is very sad but there's something more to this which is not explained

Killer - Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo
Sana Muhammad reportedly changed her name from Devi Unmathallegadoo upon marrying her husband Imtiaz Muhammad, six years ago

Revenge attack for something maybe?

London is great for a day out, or long weekend but no way could I stomache living there. I guess it's what you get used to though.
My family raised me in a quite village, and I have done similar with my family. It's quite, safe, lots of room etc etc Can't imagine city life really. Sod all the pushing and shoving.

London is great for a day out, or long weekend but no way could I stomache living there. I guess it's what you get used to though.
My family raised me in a quite village, and I have done similar with my family. It's quite, safe, lots of room etc etc Can't imagine city life really. Sod all the pushing and shoving.

Conversely, I have lived in London for all 16 years of my life in the UK, and I could never see myself living in anything quieter than the suburbs, rural living would bore me to tears.

And why are certain groups poorer? Perhaps because they keep committing crimes and going to prison?

Maybe, but that's irrelevant if it's too late and the culture of poverty/crime has set in, you need to deal with the poverty ultimately.

I imagine considering the groups involved, it's probably to do with the mother not working in the family.

• Of the three factors, family work status has the biggest effect for the Bangladeshi and Pakistani population. This is because of the high proportion of working-age Bangladeshis and Pakistanis, particularly women, who are not in paid work.

Maybe, but that's irrelevant if it's too late and the culture of poverty/crime has set in, you need to deal with the poverty ultimately.

I imagine considering the groups involved, it's probably to do with the mother not working in the family.

No. You've actually mentioned it but missed the point. You need to deal with the culture.

No. You've actually mentioned it but missed the point. You need to deal with the culture.

https://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/povertyandcrime.pdf Ignoring who's who.

Poverty stricken are more likely to be involved in crime as victims and less likely to be confident in the police.

Those on the lowest incomes experience 62% more personal crime – and 73% more violent crime. Notably, the most damaging crimes are especially concentrated on the poor:

I don't know if you've ever lived in a ******** lowest domicile before, but if you haven't... there is a stark difference between a nice humble suburb and the old-decrepit post-war hell holes in cities, the police visit so often, it's practically entertainment.

And frankly i'd understand a lot of positions these folks are in, "what's the point? and nothing to lose."

Last edited:
It was the woman's ex husband.

Do you have a source for that or are you guessing?

The story seems a bit dodgy, current husband saw the guy in his garden then ran inside the house, and rather than try to hold/lock the door and stop the attacker from getting in he seemingly left it open or unlocked resulting in his wife getting killed.

Do you have a source for that or are you guessing?

The story seems a bit dodgy, current husband saw the guy in his garden then ran inside the house, and rather than try to hold/lock the door and stop the attacker from getting in he seemingly left it open or unlocked resulting in his wife getting killed.

It was in the Evening Standard or Metro the other day so it must be true...

https://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/povertyandcrime.pdf Ignoring who's who.

Poverty stricken are more likely to be involved in crime as victims and less likely to be confident in the police.

I don't know if you've ever lived in a ******** lowest domicile before, but if you haven't... there is a stark difference between a nice humble suburb and the old-decrepit post-war hell holes in cities, the police visit so often, it's practically entertainment.

And frankly i'd understand a lot of positions these folks are in, "what's the point? and nothing to lose."

I was raised by a single mum on a council estate in the most deprived area of the NE. An ex-mining town so bad that whilst I was a child it was widely acknowledged as being the drug capital of the UK.
I have a slight inkling of what poverty is.

I, unlike many I went to school with, made a choice. I worked hard. I studied. I didn't get in to drugs or commit crimes. As a result I'm a productive member of society with a very good job. This allows me to live in a nice house, with a nice car and enjoy a nice life.

All of this was because of the culture instilled in me not just by my mum, not just by my family but by the community around me as a child. All of those people were **** poor. All of them. Some worked. Some didn't. They all however helped one another out. There was zero crime there - despite outward appearances it was a brilliant place to grow up.

So yeah, i grew up in the lowest of the low. Amongst the poorest of the poor.

Edit: Worth pointing out that later on I moved to London living in Muswell Hill when my mum remarried. Very different location I'm sure you can appreciate. I now live back in the North East which I think says it all...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom