More London violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a source for that or are you guessing?

The story seems a bit dodgy, current husband saw the guy in his garden then ran inside the house, and rather than try to hold/lock the door and stop the attacker from getting in he seemingly left it open or unlocked resulting in his wife getting killed.

I read it on the local newspaper's website. Ilford Recorder.

I don't know why some people think the current husband is involved. It's not likely that he would team up with the ex to murder the mother of his children. No one can predict what they would do if they saw a man with a crossbow in the garden. He was running for his life.

It was in the Evening Standard or Metro the other day so it must be true...

Rookie mistake there my friend, it’s The Sun wot prints the truth, innit?

All my family moved away from London years ago. It's a dump.

That was your family’s prerogative, I hope they’re happy wherever they are, but London is okay by me.
If I had the dough, I’d kiss this country goodbye in a heartbeat, but if I have to live in U.K., then it’ll only be London.

I used to work in Ilford a up till last year, as a a whiteman i felt like a minority.

Thin ice pal, thin ice, I understand what you mean, but I can’t see it going down well with the SJWs.

Thin ice pal, thin ice, I understand what you mean, but I can’t see it going down well with the SJWs.

I aint no SJW, but I do find that viewpoint funny. Why is feeling like a minority a bad thing? How do you think actual minorities feel in 95% of this country? :p

I'm a minority at work (80% female), don't care.
I'm a minority in my ward in terms of ethnicity, don't care.
I'm a minority in my ward in terms of religious beliefs, don't care.

Rookie mistake there my friend, it’s The Sun wot prints the truth, innit?

That was your family’s prerogative, I hope they’re happy wherever they are, but London is okay by me.
If I had the dough, I’d kiss this country goodbye in a heartbeat, but if I have to live in U.K., then it’ll only be London.

Growing up in a white dominated are and being in a non white area in the same country was very odd, noThing else to say but that.

They should start issuing stab proof vests to everyone in London. Or wall off the East and North parts.

I'd hate to have to work or live in modern London. Such a **** hole now. An expensive one at that. It seems like a lot of people feel the same as it's getting really hard to fill jobs inside London now. People are taking lower paid jobs and moving OUT.

Last edited:
I worked there a few years ago for 3 months. I still had months left on a property I was renting when I left but was so glad to get out - I left the place empty most of the time until the lease ran out, just visited a few times on the weekend. Something I had to do but I didn't like the whole London thing. Fine to visit occasionally and can see the appeal to younger folks.

I finished a contract with a trading firm and was asked to do all sorts of silly things trying to line the next one up. I made the effort to go to meet a company in the evening and they gave me like a 2 minute slot to sell myself. Another company just seemed like a big willy waving excersise asking me all types of questions they seem impressed with when I had no idea (I usually get hired for experience and previous history not on some daft test that if I got the contract I could google in a few mins).
it was a different world from what I was used to - too much BS, oh, and plenty of scum.
Also got £200 of parking fines for parking in the parking space I was renting, underneath the flats, but because I parked slightly over a white line - where nobody could get behind anyway - there was no walkway. Parking tickets for parking in a space I was already paying £80+ a month for!

Last edited:
I worked there a few years ago for 3 months. I still had months left on a property I was renting when I left but was so glad to get out - I left the place empty most of the time until the lease ran out, just visited a few times on the weekend. Something I had to do but I didn't like the whole London thing. Fine to visit occasionally and can see the appeal to younger folks.

I finished a contract with a trading firm and was asked to do all sorts of silly things trying to line the next one up. I made the effort to go to meet a company in the evening and they gave me like a 2 minute slot to sell myself. Another company just seemed like a big willy waving excersise asking me all types of questions they seem impressed with when I had no idea (I usually get hired for experience and previous history not on some daft test that if I got the contract I could google in a few mins).
it was a different world from what I was used to - too much BS, oh, and plenty of scum.
Also got £200 of parking fines for parking in the parking space I was renting, underneath the flats, but because I parked slightly over a white line - where nobody could get behind anyway - there was no walkway. Parking tickets for parking in a space I was already paying £80+ a month for!

That's London. You have gangland on the outside and pretentious rubbish in the middle. Where people like the smell of their own farts.

I aint no SJW, but I do find that viewpoint funny. Why is feeling like a minority a bad thing? How do you think actual minorities feel in 95% of this country? :p

I'm a minority at work (80% female), don't care.
I'm a minority in my ward in terms of ethnicity, don't care.
I'm a minority in my ward in terms of religious beliefs, don't care.

Feeling in the minority is one thing, when I occasionally picked up my granddaughter from her primary school, I was emphatically in the minority, standing at the school gate among dozens of women, I didn’t care either.
But saying that you feel like a minority, as a white man in a certain area of London, even though it could be indisputably true, will enrage the good white burghers of Stoke Newington, and Hackney.

Had an influx of be Londoners to my town the last few years, crime is up and there is more violence in the town. The new estate has literally doubled the town's population in the 10 years

Had an influx of be Londoners to my town the last few years, crime is up and there is more violence in the town. The new estate has literally doubled the town's population in the 10 years

Same everywhere. I saw a bunch of "new arrivals" walking around in the open wearing balaclavas not too long ago lol. Also the police chasing another little **** for riding his moped at full chat through a kids playground.

Just at the end of my road, some drunk (barely spoke any English) got his head kicked in for vandalising someone's car and left semi-conscious in the middle of the road. No one saw anything though ;)

This isn't a bad area, but it's close enough to London that we're getting a small overspill of scumbags.

Last edited:
They should start issuing stab proof vests to everyone in London. Or wall off the East and North parts.

I'd hate to have to work or live in modern London. Such a **** hole now. An expensive one at that. It seems like a lot of people feel the same as it's getting really hard to fill jobs inside London now. People are taking lower paid jobs and moving OUT.

I must be the singly most lucky s.o.b. on the planet, I’ve lived in Central S.E. London all my life, never more than a mile from the Old Kent Road, and the closest I’ve come to physical harm, was the time when I was maybe 17 or 18, and a guy threatened me with a smack in the mouth, for making a move on the girl he was with, while he was in the toilet of a pub, other than that, I‘ve led a charmed life apparently.
In my teens and twenties, I’ve walked home from Soho to Bermondsey, and Hackney to Bermondsey, when there wasn’t a night bus, or there was too long a wait.
I only weighed 10lb 13oz to 11lb 3oz, so it’s not like I looked a tough cookie.

I must be the singly most lucky s.o.b. on the planet, I’ve lived in Central S.E. London all my life, never more than a mile from the Old Kent Road, and the closest I’ve come to physical harm, was the time when I was maybe 17 or 18, and a guy threatened me with a smack in the mouth, for making a move on the girl he was with, while he was in the toilet of a pub, other than that, I‘ve led a charmed life apparently.
In my teens and twenties, I’ve walked home from Soho to Bermondsey, and Hackney to Bermondsey, when there wasn’t a night bus, or there was too long a wait.

If you weighed that much they probably left you alone as most people aren't in to starting on primordial dwarves...

Seen you in the Borrowers. They love the famous in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom