More London violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a few people people in this thread failed when they had a go at moving to the big smoke and are now bitter about it...

Seems like a few people people in this thread failed when they had a go at moving to the big smoke and are now bitter about it...
You either like it or you don't

A friend of mine got mugged by moped scum within weeks of moving there other friends fall asleep in hedges and wake up with everything still on them. I personally really like London when I've been out with people who actually live there it's got some real character. I feel generally safer in London now than I did as a kid going to gigs across the city in the late 90's.

You either like it or you don't

A friend of mine got mugged by moped scum within weeks of moving there other friends fall asleep in hedges and wake up with everything still on them. I personally really like London when I've been out with people who actually live there it's got some real character. I feel generally safer in London now than I did as a kid going to gigs across the city in the late 90's.
Yup

Marmite city. Like to work and play there, wouldn’t live there if you paid me, as some have tried.

London is a scum ridden hell hole. Some of my worst years were spent living there. Never again.

Come on Arthur, get off the fence and tell us how you really feel about the place.

What do you expect in a third world city?

When I hear a vitriolic anguished line like that, I tend to think it’s from someone who’d
like to live here, but can’t afford it, but it’s a good one, can I use it?

The proper hunting ones are very accurate and easy to use. You can see why the crossbow made the longbow obsolete overnight.

Except it didn't.

Crossbows and longbows coexisted on the battlefield for a very long time.

As with firearms, they were different types of weapon with different roles.

The Longbow only lost favour with the development of the musket, end even then it wasn't because the Musket was a better weapon with better performance. It isnt. I am sure I read that after the battle of Waterloo a study was carried out on the subject of actually reintroducing the longbow as the standard infantry weapon.

Greater range, greater accuracy, greater rate of fire, and even greater killing power. And no smoke (Which was considered a major problem)

The problem with the Longbow it it takes a lifetime of regular practice from childhood onward to become an effective Longbow-man.

Any grunt scraped of the streets can be trained to use a musket within a week!

Also, the technology of the Musket is in the firearm. Once manufactured, the shot and powder used to fire it is easily mass produced and transported.

With a longbow, there is a lot of technology in the Arrows. A Longbow arrow is a lot more than just a pointy stick with feathers at one end. Manufacturing and transporting them was a major logistical issue in the middle ages. Battles like Crecy and Agincourt could easily have seen over 50,000 Arrows loosed in the first few minutes of Battle. A Campaign would require many hundreds of thousands. Though it would be possible to recover many arrows after the battle, Mass manufacture and supply was a major headache.

(Indeed, the medieval mass manufacturing infrastructure set up across England to meet the huge military demand for Arrows may well have been one of the precursors as to why the Industrial revolution happened here. Theres a thought!)

And why are certain groups poorer? Perhaps because they keep committing crimes and going to prison?

You've got the causality wrong way round.

Inherently rich people don't commit street crimes to try to make money. It's the poor people who have nothing to lose, who commit street crimes to make money.

"Nothing to lose" bit is extremely important and the actual reason here. As alway You think they commit crimes because they are part of "that group" lol.

There are rich people from all ethnicities for goodness sake. As well as poor people from all ethnicities. Not everything is caused by race, if anything at all!

It's about not having anything to lose. That doesn't necessarily mean money, it can even be parents and family. This is what attracts younk kids to start leading lives of crime, and u can assure you it's equal for white and black people.

Dealing drugs for example is what makes these kids wealthy. Not doing time inside lmao. I don't think you know what a criminal is?

Yeah but I know how your brain works. "Oh it's because he's black(or whatever)" youre never able to actually understand the real motivations in a criminological sense.

Once again. You are wrong, certain groups aren't poorer because they keep going to prison. It's the other way round, being poor/in poverty with nothing to lose, absent parents, and no morals and skills, is what entices kids to turn to lives of crime, THEN they potentially end up in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom