Moto G 5th Generation

Associate
Has anyone managed the remove the Google search bar from the home screen? I disabled the Google app but it then just fills the void with a blank search bar which does nothing.

You have to use a launcher to get rid of the bar. I used Nova and it worked a treat.

Anyone having issues with their G5? Mine has started dropping WiFi signal intermittently and now appears to be taking an age to charge. Also developed an annoying creaking on the bottom left of the phone. Requesting a return from Amazon just now. May order another or go for a P2.

Associate
The G5 is now £165 on the rainforest. Shame it doesn't come with a magnetometer, that pretty much kills it for me.

Might wait on the E4 plus instead. Slower soc and ram with a worse camera but the gorilla glass and massive battery are nice features to have built in. Fingers crossed on the compass.

Associate
At what price I wonder. Hope its not focused on cosmetic/size changes or just an unnecessary processor upgrade as the current soc specs seems more than suitable for the regular and plus versions. They ought to at least add some features out of the missing selection of magnetometer, NFC, ac wifi, usb c, or even a 20% bigger battery.

Associate
Waiting for a delivery of a G5 Plus as a replacement for (a surprisingly robust) Lumia 930 running Windows 10 Mobile.

I'm looking forward to trying Android again after 3 years of Windows Mobile. However, going from the superb AMOLED screen, decent camera and durability of the 930 to an IPS LCD screened budget orientated device should be interesting.

One thing I may miss is the keyboard, which is lovely on the 930. Only got an old HTC One S to compare to and the screen is a bit smaller so not really a fair representation of the android side.

Hopefully battery life will be better and i enjoy having the benefits of a more supported platform at the very least!

Will post a proper comparison when I get it.

Associate
Yeah, moto direct. When I ordered they only had the gold colour in stock

The grey has just come back in stock. Unfortunately I'm not a student so can only get it down to £238.99. Still a good price though. Although, I am aware I missed out on the £199 deal at CPW recently!

Soldato
It does say 3GB on their site. Unless the discounted model was the 2GB and now they're selling 3GB?

oh I'm not sure, may have got it confused with the non plus model perhaps. They don't make it easy having different specs for different countries under the same model name.

I've ordered a smoked terrapin case from Amazon, looks pretty good for a fiver.

Back
Top Bottom