Moto X+1... let the hype-beasting begin!

May not have to wait too long either going on recent Moto update history :cool:

Don't know why despite telling myself otherwise I keep fancying the new Moto X :D Think I'd need to handle one first. No other phone on the market has any interest to me currently and apart from bigger display of new X doubt there isn't much new over the old X?

Yeah, the new X is basically everything from the old version but bigger and faster. The Moto-specific software is improved but the old X is supposed to be getting that anyway.

Great idea about trying out a Moto X 2014 via Amazon :cool:
I'm looking forward to seeing how Lollipop performs on the device, however it's a shame that Amazon don't have the basic black version in stock. Apparently it'll take them 1-2 months to have stock back in.

Aye, I think I got the 2nd last black one they had. Other retailers have got stock, Handtec has the black @ £395. But obviously YMMV if you decide to return it....

I hear where you're coming from putting a faulty phone on Ebay is not the best move. Good attitude to have - write it off and move on.

HTC do make decent phones but their QC and build quality is shoddy to say the least. I won't buy a HTC phone again.

Eventually the Moto X will come down in price, but the Droid Turbo absolutely trounces the Moto X in specs I don't see why Motorola couldn't include the same specs in the new Moto X.

The old Moto X is a good phone and still can hold its own against the competition today but the memory was is the only issue and why I didn't buy one in the end...if they released the 32GB then it would've been a different story.

Aren't things like the Droid Turbo and Maxx US only releases?

I'd also like to know if the Turbo will have the same IR sensors to allow for the 'wave to wake' function. Whilst various sites suggest it will have the Moto features, the pictures do not suggest the IR sensors as on the Moto X+1

Anyone know if the Moto Display feature (which allows you to see certain messages from your lock screen) requires you to also input your password if you have one on the device?

I gather the Moto Voice thing with the always on microphone does require the password, sort of defeating the point of the function in my book!

Anyone know if the Moto Display feature (which allows you to see certain messages from your lock screen) requires you to also input your password if you have one on the device?

I gather the Moto Voice thing with the always on microphone does require the password, sort of defeating the point of the function in my book!

On the old Moto X the display feature works as if there wasn't a lock. That is to say you can read the contents of the text (say) without turning the phone on. If you swipe up which would take you straight into the txt app to read it - without a lock, then you would have to enter your pin or whatever security measure you have in place. Hope that makes some semblance of sence :rolleyes: but basically even with a lock on my phone the display feature works. I don't bother with a lock all that often though really should? Not that I'm careless with my phone - me and the moto have an invisible link that brings on a cold sweat if more than 10yards apart :D

On the old Moto X the display feature works as if there wasn't a lock. That is to say you can read the contents of the text (say) without turning the phone on. If you swipe up which would take you straight into the txt app to read it - without a lock, then you would have to enter your pin or whatever security measure you have in place. Hope that makes some semblance of sence :rolleyes: but basically even with a lock on my phone the display feature works. I don't bother with a lock all that often though really should? Not that I'm careless with my phone - me and the moto have an invisible link that brings on a cold sweat if more than 10yards apart :D

Thank you kindly for the info Richy

I ordered one last night, natural leather should be nice :D. Won't be here till Nov 10th and I had a word with the sales rep that said you can always return it within 14 days so I plan to get the Nexus 6 and see if I can get to grips with it.

Back
Top Bottom