Moto X+1... let the hype-beasting begin!

@Richy888 Seems like you buying the Moto X 2014 has kicked started the Droid rumours and it's now in overdrive! ;)

Sensible choice going with black front and back, I would've gone for the same configuration but either silver or red.

I've read quite a few reports that the leather wears very quickly with some saying their leather backs have arrived with scratches prior to users even opening the box.

Yup, Motorola, once they got my order, decided they could now go ahead and think about an international Droid Turbo release :D

Plenty of time to change my mind. I suspect if the battery of the new Moto X is similar to the old one I'll be happy to keep it.

I had 'moto x' inscribed on the back. Not very original but won't be a prob should I sell it at some point.

Just wanted to confirm as a UK customer, I returned the MotoMaker X I bought on release and the full cost was refunded to my credit card this morning. Took about a week and a half from sending the phone back.

£360 is a good price for this device, it's better value and that puts it where I feel it should be - above the Nexus 5 but not in superphone territory (£400+)

How come you returned it? Battery life? Something else or a combo of things?

How come you returned it? Battery life? Something else or a combo of things?

I returned the white/teal one I got from Moto Maker. Just didn't like the colour, it didn't come out as subtle as it looks on the site. Still have the black one I got off Amazon, but not sure about keeping it.... hahaha... I'm so capricious with phones, the MX2014 is great but right now I am loving Lollipop on my N5 and not sure the MX is worth £170 more.... :S

I returned the white/teal one I got from Moto Maker. Just didn't like the colour, it didn't come out as subtle as it looks on the site. Still have the black one I got off Amazon, but not sure about keeping it.... hahaha... I'm so capricious with phones, the MX2014 is great but right now I am loving Lollipop on my N5 and not sure the MX is worth £170 more.... :S

There's always more room in the mental asylum :p

Join the likes of stoosh and I.

Another member got an email from Amazon the other day about too many returns - I cannot remember who though. Identify yourself! :p

Another member got an email from Amazon the other day about too many returns - I cannot remember who though. Identify yourself! :p

Ohhhh... I definitely qualify for straightjacket status :D

This year:

• 2x Moto X 2013
  • 1x HTC M8
  • 4x Nexus 5 (!!!!)
  • 2x Moto X 2014

I am considering making use of Amazon's generous return policy also.... :D

Yup, Motorola, once they got my order, decided they could now go ahead and think about an international Droid Turbo release :D

Plenty of time to change my mind. I suspect if the battery of the new Moto X is similar to the old one I'll be happy to keep it.

I had 'moto x' inscribed on the back. Not very original but won't be a prob should I sell it at some point.

I can imagine that happening! lol ;)

Good move with "moto x" being inscribed on the back as you can easily sell it on. I think by the time that the Droid Turbo's announced and there's an international release for sure, you'll just be able to return the phone which will work out well for you.

Yeah and the padded room is really comfy and warm! The strait jacket's a tight fit though :D

Think I'm in trouble with Amazon, I can't even use the returns centre and have to go through Live chat. I've just set up a return for the Z3 that arrived this morning - suffers from the dread pink spot camera issue. URGH!!! :mad:

After a few days with the Note 4 i think, as long as its not a complete dog, the Moto X 2014 will be replaing it.

The N4 is a monster, and stupidly fast, but its the little things on the Moto that i seem to be missing - the voice commands are better, nearly pure android is always good, the active display, to name a few.

Will know for sure once it arrives, and maybe sell the Note 4.

I much prefer the Motorola view of Android: take what Google gives us, add some useful stuff to make the experience better but don't forget that Android as it is is good.

This, compared to the Samsung view: take Android, it's made by Google so change it so it doesn't even look like Android anymore. Add a feature that probably doesn't work - we haven't tested it - add a load more features, jack up the price.

4 Nexus 5s?!?

Yeah :S

1 was my original launch day 32GB, got it replaced under warranty (2) as GPS was dodgy. Sold cos I liked my M8 and didn't see the need for the N5
3 was one I bought second hand for L Preview Release #1 and sold cos I thought there'd be a refreshed N5 this year
4 I got this week for the L Preview Release #2 :(:(:(

Back
Top Bottom