Motorsport Manager

Associate
I remember one you could edit what you payed/drivers paid u
think I had schumi and Irvine paying me 15milion a year (and both 5 star rated drivers) and to retain them I just had to reduce the amount they payed me each year XD by like $5

dunno if it was bugged but I think I could only get them to complete a race if they where on drive ultra careful or similer :(

Associate
Not bad but too basic for my liking feels like a graphic upgrade only over a mobile game.

I first thought the tier system was good until I played it and it is just like a league system with promotion/relegation which I do not like it works in a too basic way.

This is their first release so I hope it does well enough that they can build on this for the future.

Soldato
OP
Not bad but too basic for my liking feels like a graphic upgrade only over a mobile game.

I first thought the tier system was good until I played it and it is just like a league system with promotion/relegation which I do not like it works in a too basic way.

This is their first release so I hope it does well enough that they can build on this for the future.

too basic?

I think it's pretty detailed. There's a lot to take in!

Soldato
To be honest I somewhat aggree with edgfactors post. Don't get me wrong, fantastic little game and loving it too.

I would like to see more indepth development of parts. Currently we have 5 levels to put in an upgraded stat to make what ever it is you are making. Now, I am not clued up on rules on componants but take brakes for example:

I imagine there is a rule on disc diameter, as in the disc connot be any larger than say 30cm in diameter to fit to a ERS car (this is all hypothetical) so when it comes to desgining your next disc upgrade you could have the option of making the disc diameter bigger than the rule book but then will have the braking stats increased BUT also have the rule breaking stat increased too. Sub options for brakes could be material used, carbon, ceramic etc. Pads, callipers etc. All this costs money so part design is based on what you can afford, how much you're willing to risk and actually have an input in performance increase etc instead of the set stats yolu get with the current way.

just my thoughts on it.:)

Soldato
I didn't notice this was out, I've been playing the mobile version on and off for a couple of years now, this looks pretty similar but with more options and better graphics, £25 seems a bit steep though, how much more is there to the game over the mobile version?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
To be honest I somewhat aggree with edgfactors post. Don't get me wrong, fantastic little game and loving it too.

I would like to see more indepth development of parts. Currently we have 5 levels to put in an upgraded stat to make what ever it is you are making. Now, I am not clued up on rules on componants but take brakes for example:

I imagine there is a rule on disc diameter, as in the disc connot be any larger than say 30cm in diameter to fit to a ERS car (this is all hypothetical) so when it comes to desgining your next disc upgrade you could have the option of making the disc diameter bigger than the rule book but then will have the braking stats increased BUT also have the rule breaking stat increased too. Sub options for brakes could be material used, carbon, ceramic etc. Pads, callipers etc. All this costs money so part design is based on what you can afford, how much you're willing to risk and actually have an input in performance increase etc instead of the set stats yolu get with the current way.

just my thoughts on it.:)

I see. I guess that level of detail would put your more casual gamer off. Although I guess it wouldn't hurt to have the option to have that level of detail.

Soldato
Guessing the car settings within the green bar is a challenge in its self.
Still don't get what I'm meant to be aiming for here. Should I just make sure the setting is somewhere in the green bar or in the middle of it?

F1 Manager. Pah. Some of us remember Grand Prix Manager (and GPM2).
Old time. :cool: Did you ever play F1 Manager '96 by Europress? Cracking little game and you could play the game music by placing the disc in a CD player. :D

Soldato
OP
Still don't get what I'm meant to be aiming for here. Should I just make sure the setting is somewhere in the green bar or in the middle of it?
:D

It's fairly straight forward. First time around you can either use the default settings or use some common sense. For example. You wouldn't set a car up for top speed on a track with short straights and lots of corners. Would you?

Following that you make adjustments based on the feedback you receive from the drivers. I have a feeling that the width of the green bar is determined by the mechanics experience and skill level. Experienced mechanics have a shorter bar than those with little exp.

Soldato
It's fairly straight forward. First time around you can either use the default settings or use some common sense. For example. You wouldn't set a car up for top speed on a track with short straights and lots of corners. Would you?

Following that you make adjustments based on the feedback you receive from the drivers. I have a feeling that the width of the green bar is determined by the mechanics experience and skill level. Experienced mechanics have a shorter bar than those with little exp.
What I don't get is that the bar doesn't seem to get smaller after the practice session. I thought it would once the driver and mechanic have seen the times during the practice session. So the obvious way to improve that is to hire better engineers.

The secondary problem is that once I have gone through the practice session and made changes I can't then send the drivers out to test them and see if I've made things better or worse as the next session is the race.

I am in the lowest racing tier and haven't made any new signings for either drivers or mechanics. Perhaps when I work things out I'll start a new save.

Soldato
OP
You need to use the ratings along with the feedback you receive from the drivers. For example, a driver may say the ratios are too long. This would suggest you shorten them.

Soldato
You need to use the ratings along with the feedback you receive from the drivers. For example, a driver may say the ratios are too long. This would suggest you shorten them.
Yeah. I do that. But HOW much do I shorten them by? 1 notch? 2 notches? As I don't get a second chance to test the settings I don't know how far to go.

I had it but I don't think I ever got into it.
My favourite part of the game was negotiating the sponsorships with the agents and their logos.

Soldato
OP
Yeah. I do that. But HOW much do I shorten them by? 1 notch? 2 notches? As I don't get a second chance to test the settings I don't know how far to go.

My favourite part of the game was negotiating the sponsorships with the agents and their logos.

Lol that is for you to determine. Simply make some adjustments and then send them out for a lap or two, to gather their thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom