Motorsport Manager

Soldato
Absolutely loving this. I'm not a huge fan of F1 but its amazing fun being completely in control of things. Theres so many areas to focus on its really stopping me getting bored like I normally do after a few hours.

Started out with the worst team in the worst league. Might change it up cos I just can't stop them being last every single race no matter how much I try.

Soldato
Rather enjoying this. Spent three seasons (almost) at MacNeil in the Asia-Pacific (winning driver and team championship both years, dominating third year even more) before going to midfield (and starting to drop) Kitano in the top flight. Hopefully they keep me on as we have a good budget.

Soldato
I've only done 2 races with a rush through the tutorial style of play....

But I've not qualified yet? I do practise and then straight to race in a rubbish grid position and then do well in the race due to having low tyre wear and a reasonably quick car in race trim?

Soldato
I've only done 2 races with a rush through the tutorial style of play....

But I've not qualified yet? I do practise and then straight to race in a rubbish grid position and then do well in the race due to having low tyre wear and a reasonably quick car in race trim?

Are you in the ERS? If so, there isn't any qualifing. The practise you do is to set up your cars. Your drivers place on the grid is determined by current standings in the drivers championship. The first race of the season iirc is based on the drivers first name, so if a driver is called Zack he would be last on the grid. Second race thereafter is standings. So if your driver is 5th he would be 15th on the grid. Its based on keeping the field competitive.

the rules will explain it all in the game. Each championship has a different set of rules.

Associate
What I don't get is that the bar doesn't seem to get smaller after the practice session. I thought it would once the driver and mechanic have seen the times during the practice session. So the obvious way to improve that is to hire better engineers.

The secondary problem is that once I have gone through the practice session and made changes I can't then send the drivers out to test them and see if I've made things better or worse as the next session is the race.

I am in the lowest racing tier and haven't made any new signings for either drivers or mechanics. Perhaps when I work things out I'll start a new save.

OK for practice sessions (the short 10 minute sessions in the low level league) I have been doing this.

1. In the calender have a look at the upcoming race and see what is critical.
2. Look at the track and determine whether it is low or high downforce (Long = low, short = high).
3. Select my main driver and my reserve driver to test (because the reserve driver has better feedback stats)
4. Take an educated guess as to where to place the pips, place them on the reserve driver.
5. Send out the reserve driver then bring him straight back in again. This gives you immediate feedback.
6. Use this feedback to set up the main driver and send him out on a long stint so that you gain the bonus' from filling up the bar
7. Keep adjusting the setup on the reserve driver around the original settings again by sending him out then straight back in again. Test one way and the other until you narrow it down which way you need to go. Only use the green bars as a basic guide on the initial setup.
8. Bring in the main driver with 4 minutes to go. Look at his feedback. Make an educated adjustment based on the reserve drivers testing and the main drivers feedback and then send him out again for his final feedback.
9. Once practice has finished, combine the two results and set both cars to the same best setting.

This seems to achieve between 85-97% setup efficiency for most races, assuming my initial "guess" was not too far out.

[edit out my own idiocy]

Last edited:
Soldato
OK for practice sessions (the short 10 minute sessions in the low level league) I have been doing this.

2. Look at the track and determine whether it is low or high downforce (long straights, high, short straights low).
3. Select my main driver and my reserve driver to test (because the reserve driver has better feedback stats)
4. Take an educated guess as to where to place the pips, place them on the reserve driver.
5. Send out the reserve driver then bring him straight back in again. This gives you immediate feedback.
6. Use this feedback to set up the main driver and send him out on a long stint so that you gain the bonus' from filling up the bar
7. Keep adjusting the setup on the reserve driver around the original settings again by sending him out then straight back in again. Test one way and the other until you narrow it down which way you need to go. Only use the green bars as a basic guide on the initial setup.
8. Bring in the main driver with 4 minutes to go. Look at his feedback. Make an educated adjustment based on the reserve drivers testing and the main drivers feedback and then send him out again for his final feedback.
9. Once practice has finished, combine the two results and set both cars to the same best setting.

This seems to achieve between 85-97% setup efficiency for most races, assuming my initial "guess" was not too far out.
Hi. Cheers. I'll try that out tonight. :)

Associate

2. Look at the track and determine whether it is low or high downforce (long straights, high, short straights low).

I'd have thought low downforce for long straights and high for short??

Associate
Sorry - that's just me typing like an idiot. You are of course correct. Long = low, short = high. *sigh. Edited original.

Last edited:
Associate
Won my first race!

Archer BMR in the first season of the Euro league in Belgium. Made a cunning stop under the safety car and slapped on supersofts and short fuelled which propelled me to first then ran away with it on two more short stint stops. Didn't think I was going to make it on the last stop but managed to pull out enough gap to maintain first before the final splash and dash. Nerve racking for the final few laps as the car was on the verge of breaking down but bought it home for the win with second place less than half a second behind.

Man this is one satisfying game.

Soldato
Are you in the ERS? If so, there isn't any qualifing. The practise you do is to set up your cars. Your drivers place on the grid is determined by current standings in the drivers championship. The first race of the season iirc is based on the drivers first name, so if a driver is called Zack he would be last on the grid. Second race thereafter is standings. So if your driver is 5th he would be 15th on the grid. Its based on keeping the field competitive.

the rules will explain it all in the game. Each championship has a different set of rules.

Ah right, cheers, like I say I clicked through to get to a race due to limited time and wanting to see how it played.

Soldato
Won my first race!

Archer BMR in the first season of the Euro league in Belgium. Made a cunning stop under the safety car and slapped on supersofts and short fuelled which propelled me to first then ran away with it on two more short stint stops. Didn't think I was going to make it on the last stop but managed to pull out enough gap to maintain first before the final splash and dash. Nerve racking for the final few laps as the car was on the verge of breaking down but bought it home for the win with second place less than half a second behind.

Man this is one satisfying game.

When I played the mobile version I always looked for tire wear upgrades and Smoothness in a driver.

It's so satisfying when you have tactical options and use them just right.

Soldato
Managed to turn Kitano around a bit in the top flight. Although only my better driver is scoring points right now, should soon get both in there. A lot of teams are still having big reliability problems six races in.

Man of Honour
About to start my second season as ZRT. We have won races and messed some up too. Hoping to continue our improvement, we are at least getting money in now. It would be nice to be able to set put stop strategies as it can be a bit random. Quite enjoying strategy calls and catching out the AI - I must take a few comments back that I have made about some F1 teams in the past :)

Good to see the devs supporting this too.

Soldato
Loving this game, however the back markers are exceptionally annoying. Loads of blue flags and they don't move, then we i do get past they overtake me back right away. Or slow me down so much another back marker passes -.-

Back
Top Bottom