Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Associate
Have followed for many years now, really enjoy the BTCC and always makes a great day out. The regulations have really closed the cars up this year, the amount of action in the last races was incredible. Cant wait until Oulton, got my tickets booked already :)

Soldato
That sounds like a positive meeting for the sport and fans alike. :)

Though I do note that it's not an outright ban on t-wings and sharkfins... it's carefully worded in the article as "strictly limited" instead. Perhaps it's just an interim measure before they can ban them outright in 2018.

Soldato
https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/857511622008549376

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129179/fia-reveals-how-namenumber-rules-will-work

FIA informed teams about new guidelines for driver numbers: min 23cm high & driver names: min 15cm high.
FIA wants driver names on RW endplate or airbox fin. A same size sponsor logo on the Force India would be worth $6m.

Good to see this implemented but at the loss of advertisement revenue :(

Apparently the Sauber's numbers don't comply with the new size! :(

Caporegime
Nascar make a big deal of the numbers and drivers usually have the same numbers for years. It's on all the merchandise too. And we all know Mansell was Red 5. They should do more.

Soldato
Nascar make a big deal of the numbers and drivers usually have the same numbers for years. It's on all the merchandise too. And we all know Mansell was Red 5. They should do more.
But wasn't that why they introduced the career numbers in Formula One back in 2014? Isn't the question more about visibility of those numbers? Not that I have a problem telling the drivers apart.

Caporegime
I watched some of it, seems to be finding it difficult to get his head round the stagger on the straights as every straight he's moving down the track. He won't be able to do that in a race, they'll be cars in the way!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I watched some of it, seems to be finding it difficult to get his head round the stagger on the straights as every straight he's moving down the track. He won't be able to do that in a race, they'll be cars in the way!

Listening to the guys, the programme he's running means he's supposed to do that. His next run out will be using all of the track as fast as possible.

Back
Top Bottom