Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Man of Honour
that is very interesting and something i said they should do only a few weeks ago as long a they don't charge for it like the timing data.

Man of Honour
OP
Not a chance it would be free.

But I'm certain they will move to providing an entirely digital platform for coverage of everything, probably with tiered pricing depending on the level of engagement you want.

Man of Honour
OP
Very cool to see.

Find it amazing however that he's missing the one F1 race where he has the greatest potential to drag that McLaren up the sharp end.

Also does that mean we get to see a return from JB? :D

Associate
I hadnt realised initially when i just heard the news re: Alonso, but he is driving a Mclaren entry in the Indy 500, not just driving for a another team within Indy 500.

Interesting to see McLaren branching out to other formula, with indy 500 would imagine to try and increase there roadcar influence in the states perhaps?

Man of Honour
OP
I hadnt realised initially when i just heard the news re: Alonso, but he is driving a Mclaren entry in the Indy 500, not just driving for a another team within Indy 500.

Interesting to see McLaren branching out to other formula, with indy 500 would imagine to try and increase there roadcar influence in the states perhaps?

This is probably a one off to keep Alonso happy.

McLaren have partnered with Andretti's team to get Alonso a spot, but yes it will be McLaren Orange liveried. Makes sense for Honda as their engines are used here, very successfully too!

Soldato
Very cool to see.

Find it amazing however that he's missing the one F1 race where he has the greatest potential to drag that McLaren up the sharp end.

Also does that mean we get to see a return from JB? :D

I'm going to put a tenner on JB coming back and winning the race due to terrible weather and retirements. That would be Alonso's luck! Haha!

Lets throw in him retiring from the Indy 500 too with engine issues.

Caporegime
Some have postulated that allowing Fernando to go and do this could be a precursor to him signing a new deal. If we let you do this, sign here for next year.

Back
Top Bottom