Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Horner had an affair with a colleague, and they suspended her. I think that’s succinct enough :p

Your proof the two are related is what exactly? There are 100s if not 1000s possible reasons for the suspension. We have no idea what happened. Only official statement we have is from Red Bull and they decided not to give details. Surely even for them it would be stupid to suspend her just for that. For all we know she called in sick and then the messages she provided as evidence against Horner show that they were doing it somewhere on that day :D

Soldato
This won't hurt thr red bull brand IMO.

I have stayed out of Commenting as I have no idea what has really happened
A complaint was made against Horner by a member of staff. This complaint was not sexually related but one of a 'controlling' nature. A full, thorough and independent investigation was conducted by a independent barrister who was from the highest courts in the UK and Horner was exonerated of any blame.
Since then that member of staff has now been suspended for what we understand is for dishonest behaviour.

These are the facts and anything else is just cloud cuckoo land and merely made up by some sad individuals who have nothing better to do in their sad lives but, for reason's unknown, seem to be weirdly obsessed in rewriting history and will take every opportunity to make stories up to show Horner, and the Red Bull team, in a negative way.

Soldato
A complaint was made against Horner by a member of staff. This complaint was not sexually related but one of a 'controlling' nature. A full, thorough and independent investigation was conducted by a independent barrister who was from the highest courts in the UK and Horner was exonerated of any blame.
Since then that member of staff has now been suspended for what we understand is for dishonest behaviour.

These are the facts and anything else is just cloud cuckoo land and merely made up by some sad individuals who have nothing better to do in their sad lives but, for reason's unknown, seem to be weirdly obsessed in rewriting history and will take every opportunity to make stories up to show Horner, and the Red Bull team, in a negative way.

Well said...

Associate
[Snip...] was conducted by a independent barrister who was from the highest courts in the UK [...Snip]
I'd missed this bit however I wasn't following the case that closely at the start. Interesting that they did indeed take it seriously and so quickly accessed someone like that then. From that point of view that's at least a positive.

Soldato
I'd missed this bit however I wasn't following the case that closely at the start. Interesting that they did indeed take it seriously and so quickly accessed someone like that then. From that point of view that's at least a positive.

Also worth pointing out that the investigation was instigated not by Red Bull Racing but by their parent company Red Bull GMBh - so there can be no accusations of local interference in the process.

Man of Honour
Anyone think this is more about Joss wanting Horner out bearing in mind he keeps poking his nose in?

Or, is this "welcome to last week" and I missed it?

I think Joss has something to do with it, he's been livid with Horner a few times for not prioritising Max and letting Perez either win or finish ahead of him,

I doubt we'll ever know what's truly gone on behind the scenes though

Soldato
I think Joss has something to do with it, he's been livid with Horner a few times for not prioritising Max and letting Perez either win or finish ahead of him,

I doubt we'll ever know what's truly gone on behind the scenes though

Some of the F1 press have also printed than Jos had a thing for the woman involved before Horner - so good old fashioned jealousy could well be coming into play here.

Soldato
Glad we have Jono8 dishing out the made up facts
Red Bull clearly stated they were not going to comment further once the result of the investigation was released. As they now have suspended a individual in relation to the original investigation and commenced a new one then they are bound to the rules regarding this.

Dammed if they do dammed if they don't anyway...

Back
Top Bottom