Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Not to disagree for the sake of it, but it’s his own attitude that stinks as well. Perhaps he’s young enough for that to improve as the years go on, especially yes if Horner and Marko go. But he brings it on himself, currently.
Yes, I do think he's partly to blame. But I also feel for him maturing in that environment. Hard to know what good looks like I imagine. I feel like you see glimpses of his good side when he's with other drivers.
Vettel managed to turn it around later in his career.
This is a very good point. Almost 2 different people.

After he removed Horner from his posterior and left Red Bull :p

Feel it’ll be harder for Max to change though as his bad attitude has been bred into him via his old man as much as Red Bull though they certainly enable him.

Yep Jos is a nasty horrible man, reading his history he's got a cheek to lambast Horner

He's a fantastic driver no doubt about it but they are two terrible influences on him. Imagine him with a decent human being as a manager, bet the numbers of 'haters' would drop significantly.
People can change dramatically depending on their surroundings. Seb used to be a bit of a git when he was at RB but he changed massively when he left and he’s pretty much universally loved now.

DC was alright before he went to RB but over the years, he’s changed and generally seen as a slurping RB puppet now.

People can change dramatically depending on their surroundings. Seb used to be a bit of a git when he was at RB but he changed massively when he left and he’s pretty much universally loved now.

DC was alright before he went to RB but over the years, he’s changed and generally seen as a slurping RB puppet now.
With respect Sebastian changed when he left Ferrari for Aston Martin, not after Red Bull and you seem to have forgotten how he behaved as a driver for the crimson team driving deliberately into Lewis's car at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, the incident where his coming back onto the track at Monza was extremely dangerous and nearly wiped out another car. Was Red Bull responsible for this as well?
Red Bull are neither responsible for Seb's behaviour nor is there any evidence they encouraged it. Only Seb is responsible for Seb...

Last edited:

It was only 6 months ago Toto was saying this about Marko's racist comments.

“It's not only what has been said, but it's the mindset that you can even come up with these things, and that hasn't got any place in Formula One. “That's not something that should have been said in the past and certainly not now in the future.''

I guess morals soon go out the window huh.

“It's not only what has been said, but it's the mindset that you can even come up with these things, and that hasn't got any place in Formula One. “That's not something that should have been said in the past and certainly not now in the future.''

Kicking the Merc fans while they're down. Most of them are already on copium life support.

Have we covered the Marko is going to be suspended, Max will leave if Marko is forced out and the PA is going to make a claim in the civil court stuff?

My 2p, Horner is obviously a little **** in his personal life and that has spilled over into work in a significant way. In any normal company he would be long gone.
The rest of it is a power struggle, Since Dieter passed away, the controlling authority he had is now up for grabs. Horner tried to get it and still tries. Marko and Jos and maybe others really don’t want that to happen.
The pendulum seems to have swung in favour of Horner if Marko did indeed leak the messages. But Max has said he will leave if Marko is fired, no ifs no buts.

So it all depends on who is in charge if anyone and who they think is more important to the team. Whoever they are they seem way out of their depth.

Kicking the Merc fans while they're down. Most of them are already on copium life support.
As a Merc fan, until next year, I have nor respect for Toto I think he overestimates his own ability. The rest of the team are led by a bunch of middle manager donkeys. In most large corps this kinda works, but that’s the great thing about f1, it doesn’t matter what you say the performance on track is clear to everyone. That among other reasons is why Lewis is leaving.

Did you read the article? It was clearly tongue in cheek which is why I said cheekly. In all probability he just saw an opportunity to waft the flames over at RedBull which is currently burning :p

If you haven’t already realised I find this entire red bull thing highly amusing, if you dance with the devil for long enough you’re gonna get burnt.

As a Merc fan, until next year, I have nor respect for Toto I think he overestimates his own ability. The rest of the team are led by a bunch of middle manager donkeys. In most large corps this kinda works, but that’s the great thing about f1, it doesn’t matter what you say the performance on track is clear to everyone. That among other reasons is why Lewis is leaving.
I don’t fully agree but I understand your point, goddamit you’ve got me thinking now :p

Back
Top Bottom