Motorsport Off Topic Thread

F1 In Livery Push For 2025 To Make Cars Look All Different While I think the car liveries could be more distinguishable, the FIA don't see the bigger picture, do they? Let us look at car liveries and not worry about the fact the racing is almost none existent (DRS passes, aero wake, lack of strategy, etc) :rolleyes:
The purpose of the 2026 regulations is to address some of the issues you've mentioned https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/f1-2026-engine-rules-new-overtaking-aid-not-push-to-pass/#:~:text=With this in mind, the,h up to 355km/h.

Plus the ability of the cars to follow more closely in the aero wake of another was addressed with the redesign in 2022, and clearly visible, but like with many of these changes the aero dynamists catch up. Mercedes developed a front wing only recently that was specifically designed to undo some of that work the FIA have done.

Last edited:
Looking pretty damp for the N24 classics. Genuinely can't wait for the proper race start this year. Think I'm going to go for the all-nighter. Pretend I'm still young. :D

Wish I could go back there to watch the race again, but I know the wife would absolutely hate that type of weekend.

I do watch hot ones and not really a massive Lewis fan, but that was a really good episode!
On the flip side, big Lewis fan but every time I watch an episode of Hot Ones I’m cringing. The host is robotic, and a terrible interviewer. He always sounds like he’s reading out the questions from an autocue, with zero interest in the answers. It was probably a fun idea to start with, to get slebs to do.. but yeah.. cringe 99% of the time.

Last edited:
On the flip side, big Lewis fan but every time I watch an episode of Hot Ones I’m cringing. The host is robotic, and a terrible interviewer. He always sounds like he’s reading out the questions from an autocue, with zero interest in the answers. It was probably a fun idea to start with, to get slebs to do.. but yeah.. cringe 99% of the time.
Are you just hating on a different type of interview though?

He's a terrible interviewer but yet most "slebs" rather enjoy the whole show, charade, his style and types of questions...

As some one who has tried Da bomb, anyone going back for 2nd's so soon gets my full respect, nothing can describe the agony that sauce induces....

Not getting the terrible host either, he's constantly praised for his interviewing ability, however i did cringe a bit at the Silverstone question, but thats probably because any fan of the sport knows those particular corners are better known for how they flow vs anything dangerous.

What a complete failure the N24 was this year. More red flag weather stoppage than racing. Some fake safety car following for a couple of hours near the end, then calling it off after 23 hours.
We had similar a few years back, but this is without question the worst N24 in recent memory. Seems quite a lot of people are unhappy, and rightfully so.

I don't know if they can get this event on the calendar a few months later, but it's just not working in this slot.

It's a shame, as the first few hours were awesome.

Last edited:
What a complete failure the N24 was this year. More red flag weather stoppage than racing. Some fake safety car following for a couple of hours near the end, then calling it off after 23 hours.
We had similar a few years back, but this is without question the worst N24 in recent memory. Seems quite a lot of people are unhappy, and rightfully so.

I don't know if they can get this event on the calendar a few months later, but it's just not working in this slot.

It's a shame, as the first few hours were awesome.
Really ******* frustrated with it, especially with Guven hunting down the BMW just prior to the red flag. Fantastic race up to that point. Even more annoying was when they were finishing the "last lap" it was pretty much on the cusp of being ready to race. An hour of real racing at the end was well within the realms of possibility. Even if it was just a token hour for the fans that waited around all weekend for that farce.
I completely get why they had to red flag it. The medivac heli cant fly and the Marshals couldnt see from post to post especially on the GP circuit. Thats understandable. However, that dosnt make it any less frustrating. They need to work out some sort of alternate arrangements for this eventuality in future.
2021 was the last time it was this badly effected, only 9.5 hrs racing was completed that year, but even that was finished under racing conditions IIRC. This year was worse IMO, correct me if I am wrong but wouldnt 2024 go down as the new record for shortest race distance completed even with the 5 SC laps at the end? *

Apparently next year is scheduled for slightly later June? However, this is the Eifel mountains, it could be like this in July/August, Just as much chance of the same happening next year.

*edit* (It appears so)
At only 50 total laps and seven hours and 24 minutes of race running, the 2024 edition of the 24 Hours of Nurburgring is the shortest edition of the race, running shorter than the 2021 edition that was Red Flagged for heavy rain and fog overnight, with 59 laps completed on that occasion

Last edited:
Are you just hating on a different type of interview though?
I’m not hating on anything. I’ve watched a few, it just doesn’t gel with me. Like I say, I find the guy very wooden and he doesn’t seem to interact very well with the guests in the ones have seen. It’s not a very natural conversation. I do find it very “edited” too which doesn’t help. Each to their own, it’s interesting seeing the celebs reactions but for me that’s about it. No biggy.

Back
Top Bottom