Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
The thing is, I’ve read enough news stories from helmut et al recently that allude to them not wanting two number 1’s. However, if the constructors starts becoming shakey they’ll surely have to reconsider?! Drivers championship is great and all but I feel the team itself wants the constructors.

Caporegime
Signed Perez, wonder what the commercials must be like for him to stay, if they miss out on the constructors win this year they'll be kicking themselves.

From what I've read, he brings in a massive amount of money/commercial perks etc.

That's the only reason he's still with them. He'd have been gone last year if that wasn't the case.

He's JUST about competent enough for them to stick with him, but unless RB makes some development leaps this year I reckon they might lose the constructors.

Last edited:
Associate
I moan about motorsports infamously poor talent pool all the time but even if it somehow had a strong talent pool I wonder if it would even matter, how you ever going to compete with Carlos Slim ? A better driver or £50m a year from signing Perez ? In a sport where money is so important there's only ever going to be one winner (provided you already have 1 good driver).

Last edited:
Associate
Just imagine if F1 had the rule like F2 and F3 where the reigning champion has to leave the championship.

As said here I'd be kicking myself if I was in the Red Bull driving program, Sergio must be bringing in a lot of cash.

Given the current trend I can see Red Bull losing the constructors this year, that's where the prize money is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wild. Sounds like 1+1 deal with an option on RB's side. I can only think they prefer Pérez mostly for commercial reasons, and team harmony. I'd be pretty unhappy if I was in the RB juniors: Lawson, Hadjar, Iwasa, and Marti are all going to be wondering when seats will open up. Yuki needs to get out of the RB stream, because he's never getting promoted from that seat.
Aren't most drivers contracts performance related though, it would be sensible to do so. But I doubt if it's just about the sponsorship Perez brings. With the current car Red Bull might need someone bringing in points behind Max so as to win the constructors championship...

Associate
Whats the chance's Toro Red Bull drop Danny Ric and Yuki end of this year and get two rookies in?
Similar to how they have done a few times before?

Caporegime
I really really hope RBR lose a championship due to signing perez.

I can only conclude it was to keep verstappen.

I'd personally love to see Ferrari or mclaren (preferably both) overhaul them.
If I could choose a driver to win the 2025 WDC? Piastri. I really like his persona.

Caporegime
Whats the chance's Toro Red Bull drop Danny Ric and Yuki end of this year and get two rookies in?
Similar to how they have done a few times before?

Yuki should come to alpine. I mean.. They suck, but as I still sort of support them, I'd like to see him there.

Yuki should leave if he can. Think it's pretty harsh how RBR have shut the door on him. I'd put money on him beating perez in equal machinery

Last edited:
Soldato
I truly hope we see Ricciardo out of that seat in the next few races. He was wasting a race seat for most of Mclaren, and he's wasting one in Visa Mastercard Racing Alpha Bull Red Team (I think that's their name).

Soldato
I truly hope we see Ricciardo out of that seat in the next few races. He was wasting a race seat for most of Mclaren, and he's wasting one in Visa Mastercard Racing Alpha Bull Red Team (I think that's their name).
Lawson needs to be back in the second Word Salad car.

As much as I think Daniel is a great bloke and ambassador for the sport, he just can’t seem to get to grips with any car he’s driven of late.

Back
Top Bottom