Motorsport Off Topic Thread

True, but how much of that was being forced to compromise the engine to fit the car? And being unable to work on performance because they needed to work on reliability issues because the badly packaged engine couldn't cool properly?

I agree it's not all Newey either way, the whole teams gets it right or wrong but I do think Newey's presence made it hard for Red Bull to get the balance right.
No doubt RB pushed Renault to meet certain requirements - most of us will remember Cyril vs Horner. That being said, Renault haven't done much since losing all of their customer teams, but we'll see what happens with the new rules.

Also sounds like Newey is a bit of a diva based on the Ferrari rumour that he wanted full control and Fred thought it wouldn't be healthy for the team.

I thought Newey has always said he hasn't wanted to work abroad?

That and he's designed Astons latest hypercar (Which starts in WEC Hypercar next year) and he's always been a fan of tin top racing. He was even racing at Goodwood at the weekend.

Just makes sense to me. I can see him working within the F1 team for a couple of years and then stepping back to do another role for the WEC team or Aston in general. Or just retiring with his wallet carrying helicopter.

I thought Newey has always said he hasn't wanted to work abroad?
Need to learn a new language and a new culture. Stay in UK and commute from RB HQ to AM HQ at Silverstone. Don't know if Adrian went to RB's MK place; if he did then not exact much difference in terms of travel from MK to Silverstone; makes it a much easier proposition than moving to Italy.

Lcs0Fsa.png

Back
Top Bottom