Motorsport Off Topic Thread

It'll save years of tedious debate about whether Norris could have won if McLaren had backed him properly at least.
Should be fairly easy to math given that RBR aren't in the picture, where typically you'd at least see some back and forth from the title contenders. Either way, Lando isn't winning it on talent.

Hopefully they're still allowed to race as it sets the tone for next year.

Sad they have made piastri a p2.
I get it. But it sucks as I don't like norris! :D

What I don't get is why now? If they were going to do it it should have been at least 2 or 3 races ago

Sad they have made piastri a p2.
I get it. But it sucks as I don't like norris! :D

What I don't get is why now? If they were going to do it it should have been at least 2 or 3 races ago
I doubt if it was a decision made overnight, they would have discussed all strategy likelihood'ss well before the last few races. There are far more intelligent strategists employed to go over all permutations than us. However I don't know if they would have expected what's occurred with the Red Bull, no-one did. Thus they are in a unique position of challenging for both championships.
Oscar just now on Sky admitted that what he did at Monza screwed the team and somewhat forced the number 2 on to himself.

Last edited:
I doubt if it was a decision made overnight, they would have discussed all strategy likelihood'ss well before the last few races. There are far more intelligent strategists employed to go over all permutations than us. However I don't know if they would have expected what's occurred with the Red Bull, no-one did. Thus they are in a unique position of challenging for both championships.
Oscar just now on Sky admitted that what he did at Imola screwed the team and somewhat forced the number 2 on to himself.

I certainly wouldn't want a number 2 forced on me! :D

Yeah the unravelling of RBR is amazing. So many of us wondered why they were keeping perez. He's fine when RBR are miles ahead. But their fear of making a bold change has bitten them now as the competition is on.

Mclaren to their credit have 2 top tier drivers and a top tier car.
RBR have squandered the time they had a car advantage by having 1 top tier driver and playing it safe with a mediocre one.

I'm glad they are being punished for such a weak decision and mclaren are being rewarded for taking a chance and switching from a mediocre driver to a new talent.

Hopefully they're still allowed to race as it sets the tone for next year.
Surely everyone can see that Norris and Piastri are the most evenly matched pairing out there. Regardless of what happens this year, McLaren will be letting them race next year. Undoubtedly. At least until one of them gets so far ahead and is in with a chance at the WDC.

Surely everyone can see that Norris and Piastri are the most evenly matched pairing out there. Regardless of what happens this year, McLaren will be letting them race next year. Undoubtedly. At least until one of them gets so far ahead and is in with a chance at the WDC.
It's more about perception and how that ties in with current and future contracts.

Perceptions have shifted this year, with Norris crumbling under pressure and Oscar proving that he can fight and put together a decent race, it's made them more even, but for different reasons. If Oscar had rolled over 2-3 races ago, that would have set the tone for the rest of his career (baring some mega title drive next year).

Some interesting outcomes from the weekend. Perez snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when it comes to his critics. Norris repaying the team game (admittedly from a position out of contention). Rookies doing well. Williams looking to be in a good place minus the air box incident. Stroll well... yeah.

The season has certainly changed trajectory this year. I'm finding much more general enjoyment up and down the grid.

Back
Top Bottom