Motorsport Off Topic Thread

aaaand there it is, Newey confirmed as joining as a shareholder and 'Technical Managing Partner', whatever that ends up being.

Probably some vague role and contracting himself to Aston so he isn't classed as one of the 3 "highest paid employees" outside of the drivers that are allowed under the cost cap. He did the same for Red Bull Technologies, he technically wasn't a team member for Red Bull Racing.

Last edited:
Nice, so all being well he’ll get a year in what is hopefully a better car.. Albeit that’s with a Honda engine right? Hopefully they come in strong rather than slow and then leave when it’s strong… lol
Since it's mostly a revision of the current engine, which more focus on energy, where Honda excel (and Renault fail); I'm hoping it's a good one.

I can't take AM seriously whilst they have Stroll as a second driver. What an embarrassment.
Quite. It's so obvious that Stroll Sr has hired Newey as the last link in the chain to make his son a grand prix winner and then a champion. Hopefully Alonso sticks around for long enough to benefit from a Newey car and shows AM that Lance just isn't worth it.

Stroll senior is clearly a very shrewd businessman and has made an exceptional coup for AM, along with the Honda engine. Therefore I honestly think he'll let his son carry on playing for the rest of this year and next season and then he'll replace him for the new regs, when a car Newey has had lots of aero influence on will be produced.

Stroll senior is clearly a very shrewd businessman and has made an exceptional coup for AM, along with the Honda engine. Therefore I honestly think he'll let his son carry on playing for the rest of this year and next season and then he'll replace him for the new regs, when a car Newey has had lots of aero influence on will be produced.

I don't think Stroll Sr will ever boot his son and, honestly, I respect him for that - a man who puts his own wealth and glory over his own son is not a good man. But I think he sees turning AM into champions as a worthwhile second prize if he can't put his son into a championship winning position.

I don't think Stroll Sr will ever boot his son and, honestly, I respect him for that - a man who puts his own wealth and glory over his own son is not a good man. But I think he sees turning AM into champions as a worthwhile second prize if he can't put his son into a championship winning position.
Yea, he does genuinely seem to care that his son has a drive, regardless of results. I doubt he'd win a WDC even in a significantly quicker car - I think that ship has sailed already as other teams are starting to understand their cars better.

Back
Top Bottom