Motorsport Off Topic Thread

It sets a precedent, if you can get ahead of max in a drs zone then he can't just brake so late he doesn't make the corner like he has done numerous times. More than likely it will lead to more rule changes, the max rule no 2...
I can’t see them ruling in favour of McLaren then as that has never been a valid reason before.

So the FIA rejected McLaren’s appeal.
Apparently teams can’t appeal against certain decisions and this one of those :cry::rolleyes: - see screenshot of the appeal rules below .

For me - if Russell gets a penalty for the overtake on Bottas, then so should Max.
-> Russell made the apex first and pushed Bottas off track for the overtake . (Russell stayed within track limits) and got a 5sec penalty.
-> Max made the apex first, pushed Lando off track for the overtake, and went outside track limits, yet no penalty.

FIA appeal rules

54094321844_646fa39d4b_c.jpg

Guess the reference of the rule McLaren were appealing - yep it’s one of the excluded ones

54093121447_0e49c985b4_c.jpg

I guess McLaren Knew this, but we’re appealing anyway, out of principle

So the FIA rejected McLaren’s appeal.
Apparently teams can’t appeal against certain decisions and this one of those :cry::rolleyes:

Ah, of course, in race penalty. Had they waited for the race to finish it could be appealed.

I guess McLaren Knew this, but we’re appealing anyway, out of principle

They lose their deposit for it, seems a bit silly, tbh.

For me - if Russell gets a penalty for the overtake on Bottas, then so should Max.
-> Russell made the apex first and pushed Bottas off track for the overtake . (Russell stayed within track limits) and got a 5sec penalty.
-> Max made the apex first, pushed Lando off track for the overtake, and went outside track limits, yet no penalty.
The only thing i'll say counter to this is that Russell was always the attacking car and Bottas was always the defending car in this incident, whatever else the stewards have closed to door on the Max/Lando incident now

(not a dig at anyone at all but this is the last i'm going to be discussing this topic :) )

Well its all bs really isn’t it. Max is heading for his third tainted WDC at this rate. One rule for them all, one rule for Max.

I bet the drivers briefings are interesting this weekend. I wonder if Alonso will make some nice demonstrations of this ruling if he has to defend in this race.

Edit: I like the fact Lewis came out pretty bluntly about it now and said how he did it to him all through 2021. This reel came up on my FB - I usually avoid them but just thought it’s hilarious that a caption of “2021 title fight was wild” showing a lot of the incidents ended up being 9 out of 10 clips showing Verstappen doing exactly what he did to Norris :rolleyes: https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1VGSZUzD9FvWmn4U/?mibextid=UalRPS

Last edited:
Well its all bs really isn’t it. Max is heading for his third tainted WDC at this rate. One rule for them all, one rule for Max.

I bet the drivers briefings are interesting this weekend. I wonder if Alonso will make some nice demonstrations of this ruling if he has to defend in this race.

Edit: I like the fact Lewis came out pretty bluntly about it now and said how he did it to him all through 2021. This reel came up on my FB - I usually avoid them but just thought it’s hilarious that a caption of “2021 title fight was wild” showing a lot of the incidents ended up being 9 out of 10 clips showing Verstappen doing exactly what he did to Norris :rolleyes: https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1VGSZUzD9FvWmn4U/?mibextid=UalRPS
How would it be tainted? He was within the rules - McLaren don't need help losing this title race.

The whole Brazil 2021 thing isn't controversial either, Max was within the rules, except Lewis was smart enough to try an illegal overtake off-circuit.

lol yeah ok :S
Hard to take you seriously given how bias you are. There's literally no evidence in your favour.

Whether you like the rule or not, it's right there in the regulations. Lewis was behind at the apex so he lost advantage, second time round he managed to cover the inside line and complete the overtake.

Hard to take you seriously given how bias you are. There's literally no evidence in your favour.

Whether you like the rule or not, it's right there in the regulations. Lewis was behind at the apex so he lost advantage, second time round he managed to cover the inside line and complete the overtake.
Spot on, given he's a self confessed Red Bull and Max hater we all have the 'common sense' to know exactly where the bias is.
I just tend to ignore him these days.

I just tend to ignore him these days.
Reacting to every one of my posts with a smiley is what you call ignoring me? lol.

i've been a Mclaren fan since the 80's but they really need to get their house together and stop the clownshows.
I think they’re just learning too late what it means when you race RB — with the current state of stewarding if you don’t fight them off the track and in the stewards room you’ll get nowhere. Even with the furore surrounding the Austin incident Horner is still just parroting the “you can’t overtake off the track” line like that’s what the issue is..

Back
Top Bottom