Mountain Biking

Soldato
Gents, going to be getting myself a new bike under bike 2 work, so will have 1k to spemd and maybe bit on top.

Majority of my riding will be up on the south downs, I'm thinking 27.5 HT but apart from that I'm a bit clueless with the current mtb world. I would ideally like 1x11 as rest of my fleet is now 11 so be easier for spare chains etc. Same for brakes as I have shimano rs785 on both my cx and disc braked road bike. So will make buying bulk spares much easier if I can keep it consistent.

Saw Evans had a Scott scale 765 I think for 1400 from 2016, just want something to be able to jump and ride and have some fun when not training on the road.

Soldato
lol, got my bike painted

f87506ea7f044b3fa05d31f7e5c8e2dd.png

f8286424e9e64c2fa9f3e8139bef2ae0.png

Ill get a decent pic later, the detail is amazing!

Caporegime
Why are Easton Arcs like rocking horse poop at the moment, is there something new coming?
its because Easton are now raceface, the raceface arcs are the same rim

IIRC its that Easton will be roadies, Raceface mtb now?

Was wondering the same the other day! What a crazy decision, the Easton Arcs had a good reputation as a good rim. RF not so much.

Cool drawing Sas! Bit far though, no? :p Damn just found these on insta, now I want one. How much?

Last edited:
Soldato
Straight bars, front mech and no dropper post! Is this witchcraft?

Jokes aside, ya hit the trails on the beast?

Hahaha, the same problems I have with it! They will be getting changed in a few weeks, but house moving has to take priority I guess. I did get out to Greno Woods for a couple of hours yesterday lunch time, felt good other than the front mech - Which is a hateful little thing!

Soldato
Priced up some hope pro4 on raceface arc 30 and it comes to just over 420 pound coins.

Annoying as the Easton versions totaled 70 less, but is there anything better for that sort of cash?

Coming from superstar switch and superstar ds25 combo.

Soldato
So i'm after a pump for my bike but I have no idea which one to buy. It's a new bike and the only pump that has fit so far is the cigarette-lighter car pump, the ones I have from my older mountain bike don't fit the new bike as the hole is too small on the pump. Can anyone tell me which pump I need to buy as i'm planning on cycling to work again, thanks.

Soldato
Mine looks like the schrader one now but so did my older bike but it was smaller. Would you be able to link me to a suitable pump at all? Was using one of the cheapo Poundland ones for my old bike and now the opening on that one is too small for my current bike.

Caporegime
Mine looks like the schrader one now but so did my older bike but it was smaller. Would you be able to link me to a suitable pump at all? Was using one of the cheapo Poundland ones for my old bike and now the opening on that one is too small for my current bike.

Blow Joe, normally cheap and works perfectly.
Priced up some hope pro4 on raceface arc 30 and it comes to just over 420 pound coins.

Annoying as the Easton versions totaled 70 less, but is there anything better for that sort of cash?

Coming from superstar switch and superstar ds25 combo.

Not sure about better, but Hope Enduro set, WTB rims?

http://www.justridingalong.com/

Do the ARC rims still, but strangely have stopped offering any other hubs bar industry nine.

Back
Top Bottom