Mountain Biking

Soldato
They haven't been out for a "few years"!?

They are Nukeproof Electron pedals.

I have some (electrons) that came with my commencal but the bearings in them were already trashed so I put them straight on my fixie rat. I dont have any problems with them but im only using them for a few miles on the road every couple of months.

Associate
any helmet reccomendations for someone with a longish narrow head? Ive used a MET crossover for a year and a bit but need a new one now as its had its day so looking at other options!

Troy Lee A1. Most comfortable fit I've ever had from a helmet. My skull answers to the longish narrow description too.

Caporegime
Shimano workshop grease is the best I have used.

On another note...Hope to move to the doorstep of the Cairngorms in a few months. IBT Stoked thread lock. :p

Jealous! Hoping to move back there at somepoint in my life. I miss it, so much.

Also I have a roof rack and Thule Bike rack for a clio that I'll be getting rid of soon if anyone wants one cheap.....

Associate
You riding this weekend - just messaged Tim, but he reckons SH was exceedingly swampy last weekend - I cant be arsed with that!

Howard from Pedal 'n Spoke posted this evening that the trails are running nicely after a dry week. I'm hoping to get out on Sunday myself. If Pitch is still super gloopy we could always head out towards Leith, that tends to hold up a bit better I think.

Associate
Troy Lee A1. Most comfortable fit I've ever had from a helmet. My skull answers to the longish narrow description too.

What size did you go for ? my head is 54-55cm, the smallest A1 size is 54-56cm, although im worried it will be to bulky as its right on the size.

Associate
I'm more at the high side of XL end of things... The adjustment is pretty good though, you should be alright. They're not the most low-profile helmets but the fit is great for me. You can always return it if it's wrong, or go somewhere that lets you try it on?

Soldato
Finally going to be getting a mountain bike again at the end of the month after my Specalized was nicked a few years ago now. Only a piddling hardtail (Merida Matts 40d) so far from anything special but it will be great to get back out riding again! Only costing me £100 too which is the main point.

Associate
The bush and bearing kit come for my DMR vaults and so did my fancy new gold kmc chain :)

Heres the kit, 2 bushes, 2 bearings and a bolt to screw into the old bush to pull it back out, primitive but effective.
p4pb11981493.jpg

Look at the state of the old bush I removed from the drive side! I think the seal come out and let crud in.
p4pb11981520.jpg

Getting the old bearing out the pedal took no effort what so ever, it says used a drift and rubber mallet but I poked it out with an 8mm allen key with just the weight of the key pushing it out!
p4pb11981505.jpg

A nice little ratched set I got from Costco for around £15, perfect for the job.
p4pb11981502.jpg

I highly doubt bike park wales is gonna be this dry and nice tomorrow :-/
p4pb11915316.jpg

Associate
Finally replaced my aging rear hans dampf, which was torn to shreds and replaced it with a magic mary. Should really have replaced it with something faster rolling but since it's still so wet here it should do the trick.

I'm on the look out for a pair of glasses, anybody have any recommendations? Budget of £100 tops.

Back
Top Bottom