Mountain Biking

Associate
Looking at new wheels for the zesty. I can get a set of arch ex on nukeproof hubs for £300 from my local shop. Could I get anything better for around that price range?

Caporegime
Well bike park wales yesterday was extremely wet and cold, but still stupidly fast and fun. My shoes were full of freezing water from 9:30 till around 4 but didnt bother me, too much fun. Check at around 1:20 in the vid link below, some dude hitting 50 shades like a bawse

http://youtu.be/mM5zY3l0aTw

Lost it, I wonder if he didn't notice the height of it! It looks steeper in that video than it did in photos mind.

holy moly!!

Some mental drops in that!

:eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking at new wheels for the zesty. I can get a set of arch ex on nukeproof hubs for £300 from my local shop. Could I get anything better for around that price range?

Depending on your weight / riding style, you might want to consider Flow EX.
The Arch is also pretty narrow inside diameter from memory.

Recently bought someSpecialized Roval Fattie wheels - with 29.something ID - they give tyres a lovely wide profile. I got the alu version, and only cost 400 at retail, so not too badly priced either.

Associate
Got my TLD A1 helmet today. love it.. fits so nice and comfortable! Been riding a lot of my local downhill trails recently to improve my skills on the steep, some crazy stuff.. Just trying to practice drops now aswell, always have a mental block especially on the steep stuff as im not getting the same speed atm as on the brakes a lot. Hopefully it will click soon :)

Associate
Smith Pivlock V90 Max

Ordered these and they arrived today. I genuinely think they're WAYYY too big for my face.

Just stuck with the arch EX. It was a few bob cheaper and they'll be ready for friday. While the Flow ex may be wider and designed to withstand more punishment, i reckon the arch ex will be grand.

Associate
Man, so much riding on your doorstep practically. Enjoy improving!
I'm from Rhyl (ahem) originally but left long before I got into biking properly.

Soldato
B_ljz1LXAAMC9QK.jpg:large

seeing as its table top tuesday - me at swinley on saturday morning :D

Soldato
If you are clipped in to pedals how do you jump off if you know you are going to crash? ...or do you just have to go with it?!

Soldato
If you are clipped in to pedals how do you jump off if you know you are going to crash? ...or do you just have to go with it?!

Once you get used to them you can unclip very quickly - without even thinking about it.

Some situations it causes more crashes (when you cant unclip fast enough) some situations it saves you from crashes (your feet never get bounced off the pedals)

Back
Top Bottom