Mountain Biking

And its now pretty much done!

Im proper happy with how its turned out to be fair.

I have a set of new 2.6 width tyres coming, these will raise the bottom crank collectively by 9.3mm making it just 5.7mm lower than it should be, this will hardly be noticeable given I also have 160mm travel in the front rather than 140/150mm so the cranks raised slightly as a result because of that. Good news as it means I don't need to swap the cranks out, thank god!

There's also a OneUp Chain guide/guard combo coming for piece of mind. It wasn't cheap but its cheaper than potentially shafting my crank/gear/bottom bracket or even the frame!

One thing I will say, as much as I can appreciate how good the SLX derailleur and shifter are, its grindy and feels like a bag of nails. I'm not convinced the bargain ebay chain was a real Shimano M7100 tbf. The finish is worse than the bargain basement £10 KMC I bought for the cooker and its mile behind the SRAM NX chain and its comparatively silky smooth gear changes and smooth operation. A new one will be picked up in the morning from halfords, from the places you can be sure to find a genuine chain, it also happens to be the cheapest, go figure!

index.php

Last edited:
Went to halfrauds, got a new chain, it’s removed 90% of the crunchy chatter from the front ring, now I just need to sort the rear a little. It isn’t quite as silky as the NX but part of me wonders if the old chain (new but fake) has done some damage, the wear to the brand new front ring from just 5 minutes of trying to set it up is terrifying.

index.php

Did Marin Trail (Gwydir Mawr & Bach) at weekend, think it's my new favourite trail.
Especially the final descent. Can't wait to go back.

Back
Top Bottom