Mountain Biking

Associate
yb5SkxF.jpg

Converted to 1x10 today. Getting the old chainrings off was a nightmare, the bolts had seized and the heads rounded with little effort! The bolts had obviously went in dry. Ended up drilling 3 from the outer chainring and 1 from the inner, was a total nightmare.

Wheelset is due to arrive on friday, need to remember to get more stans fluid or i'll be going nowhere on sunday.

Associate
Bled my Avid Elixir 9 trail with no hiccups earlier. Extremely impressed and suprised by the results. The kit was from epic bleed. Its kind of a 2 person job though to be fair trying to keep the syringe's upright while plunging/pressurising but managed it just.

Lower headset bearing knackered yet again, might have to get a whole new hope lower or something similar.

Wheel bearings gone aswell the back is rougher than charles bronson.

I hate mountain bikes.

Soldato
Love wednesday (sports) afternoon, paid to play! took a trip up hammers after lunch today with a couple of mates had an absolute blast, had the place pretty much to ourselves, sketchy as hell on the roots and rocks, couple of new sections on the black route are ace.
Got most of the black in and then sessioned the near side of the red, transmission line/accelerator/nitrous, up to section 13 finishing up with special K and brain freeze.
fading light and monstrous hunger called a halt to the fun, one small bowl of porridge for breaky definitely wasnt enough.

Associate
Hope lower headset ordered, bearing installation tool ordered and new frame, front and rear wheel bearings ordered.

Bike shops charging £25 to remove old lower headset and install new one, cheeky gits. I dont want to bodge it in and out though.

Apparently theres 5 bearings in my rear hub, surely that cant be right?!? Its on the nukeproof website

Soldato
wow, who'd have thunk that bearings would be so expensive.

£40 for 8 Enduro bearings. Not even the MAX versions if that really matters?

6900-2RS Enduro 10x22x6 qty 4 @ £3.65
6901-2RS Enduro 12x24x6 qty 2 @ £3.75
6903-2RS Enduro 17x30x7 qty 2 @ £4.65

edit - so it seems i want the MAX versions for suspension pivots. so £60 then (£4.99, £5.99 and £7.25 respectively) :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ha, its a mandatory Co's parade in our regt, we're not allowed to miss sports afternoon unless there's urgent work on.
Were massive on phys and sports here.

I get judged for going to the gym in work time, never mind riding my bike :(

I've managed one mtb trip away paid for, in 6 years!

Soldato
I guess this fits mountain bike rather than road...

I've a Vitus Vee One since June last year, gets me around London absolutely fine. Can anyone suggest anything I can do in the future to upgrade it a little? That being said I do plan on heading to my LBS a minute's walk away and getting a service, they seem reasonable at £45 for a single speedservice

Soldato
Is it easy enough to convert from 2x10 to 1x10? Not that I will instantly but there obviously less to go wrong with 10 gears than 20 (and last time I went I only used 4 or 5 gears anyway)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom