MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Soldato
This whole incident is getting so much spin put on it from all different Agendas it will have it's own orbit.

I started work this morning, came to check the thread later in the afternoon - and half the people posting are talking like they're high, I have no idea what the hell anyone is talking about anymore.

People throwing in tweets from far right hate groups, only adds to the sheer pinnacle of discussion that's taken place so far.

Soldato
If we are told not to tar all Muslims with the extremist brush after events like Paris, then it is a double standard to do likewise to Brexiters here. If we are going to have those rules, then let's apply them equally to both sides, instead of the Left camping out on the moral high ground and having it both ways.

You may be told, but it's ignored every time something happens and the same suspects come out every single time demonising Islam, Muslims, calling anyone who says it's the lone nutter, or they have mental problems, a Muslim apologist.

Soldato
OP
You need to calm down or step away from the keyboard for a while if you can't maintain a respectful approach to posting.

I apologise.

It just winds me up when the police have not proved what the motive is or was and people are still using what happened to suit their own agenda and even when they are outed they keep doing the same.

I wish everyone would wait for the reasons and why to be official.

Soldato
OP
Well according to the news media,he had bought a lot of Neo-Nazi literature,blamed the MP for not caring about the UK,and had mental health issues.

A toxic combination of factors which lead to all of this.

Sorry, i was replying to post as i read them, i only read the above recently. If true then it shows what another poster said earlier, some people with mental health issues tend to focus on a subject.

But nothing has been confirmed.

Soldato
You may be told, but it's ignored every time something happens and the same suspects come out every single time demonising Islam, Muslims, calling anyone who says it's the lone nutter, or they have mental problems, a Muslim apologist.

How many islam related attrocities vs one murder committed by a confirmed lone nutter where the political motivation is based on comments made by someone who has reason to lie.

That Guardian article is so suspect.

Soldato
I apologise.

It just winds me up when the police have not proved what the motive is or was and people are still using what happened to suit their own agenda and even when they are outed they keep doing the same.

You mean just like you do when there's a 'muslamic' attack?

Your hypocrisy shines brighter than Britain Firsts ironic statement about not 'tarring everyone with the same brush'.

Man of Honour
I apologise.

This is a discussion board. On every subject there's idle speculation and insane theories abounding. You only need to read a Game of Thrones thread for that to be proven.

You're not going to stop speculation by reacting to it like that, you're only going to get ever increasing bitterness.

Soldato
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ht-gun-manuals-from-us-neo-nazis-group-claims

Special police units who searched the house of the man arrested after the killing of MP Jo Cox are believed to have found samples of Nazi regalia and far-right literature.

Thomas Mair was also known to have bought books from a US-based neo-Nazi group, including guides on how to build homemade guns and explosives, according to an anti-hate campaign group in the US. Among them was a manual on how to make a homemade pistol.

Soldato
OP
How many islam related attrocities vs one murder committed by a confirmed lone nutter where the political motivation is based on comments made by someone who has reason to lie.

I couldnt have put it better.

Soldato

If we take the UK for the last, say, 10 years, then isn't it one muslim terror killing vs this "one confirmed lone nutter"?

Associate
Breitbart’s James Delingpole Slams the “Dirty Politicking” surrounding the coverage and reaction to Jo Cox’s death:

The morning after a senseless tragedy which has appalled the whole of Britain I’d like to ask you a simple question:

Is there any depth to which you will not stoop in order somehow to snatch victory in this EU referendum?

The answer I’m getting from some of you is: “Nope. None”.

There are so many powerful vested interests with so much to lose in the case of a Leave vote that is no wonder that advocates of Remain are fighting so hard and so dirty to keep their tainted status quo intact. First came Project Fear; then Project Lies; now – the most cynical and exploitative of all – Project Grief.

But it would be an awful, awful shame if the most important democratic decision any Briton is going to face in his or her lifetime should come down not to the facts or the arguments or people’s instincts as to what is truly right for Britain – but simply to crass speculation as to what a madman may have intended when he killed an innocent working mother in the street.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...ns-dirty-politicking-has-hit-an-all-time-low/

Soldato
Man, how low can you go. It's not like the Leave campaign would have ever been seen to be making political capital out of stuff like the Brussels attacks...

(For what it's worth, I don't blame either side for it. It's all emotive issues, and people have strong beliefs about the future under both Leave or Remain)

Soldato
So this is what we have seen so far:
1.)Guy has mental health issues in the past
2.)A US group and a national paper have said he bought Neo Nazi literature and manuals from the US and bought pro-apartheid literature from South Africa and in the former case say they have copies of receipts
3.)People who purportedly knew him said he was angry the local clinics were shut(by the Tories) and thought Jo Cox was concentrating on the EU and Syria and not her UK constituents
4.)Police have supposedly found Neo Nazi and far right literature in his home
5.)Far Right people on Twitter consider him a hero and some were apparently happy
6.)There might or might not have been "Britain First" muttered by the murderer

Make what you want of all of that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Man, how low can you go. It's not like the Leave campaign would have ever been seen to be making political capital out of stuff like the Brussels attacks...

(For what it's worth, I don't blame either side for it. It's all emotive issues, and people have strong beliefs about the future under both Leave or Remain)

Actually, I blame both sides for it. It is a decision that shouldn't have basis in emotion at all.

Soldato
Actually, I was wrong.

It's one muslim terror killing vs one extreme-right killing of a muslim (Pavlo Lapshyn incident) plus, possibly, this "one confirmed lone nutter".

I said 'atrocities' and why don't you go back 11 years if you are trying to be clever? Plus then add in the rest of world and the constant onslaught of Islamic horror we have to listen to everyday. Then sit down and think why people will jump to conclusions in some circumstances but not others.

Back
Top Bottom