MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Associate
Multiple witnesses report the attacker as shouting "Britain first".

That in itself means little without knowing anything about context. People are jumping on those two words for obvious reasons, but were they used as part of a sentence? One witness says that he never heard it said and one who initially said they did has now backtracked.

There doesn't seem to be anything to reports that she intervened, rather there are reports of people trying to pull him off her and a 77-pensioner being stabbed when he tried to help her.

Neither of which justifies tarring the entire Brexit movement because the local loner decides to go postal.

If we are told not to tar all Muslims with the extremist brush after events like Paris, then it is a double standard to do likewise to Brexiters here. If we are going to have those rules, then let's apply them equally to both sides, instead of the Left camping out on the moral high ground and having it both ways.

Associate
I don't really want to comment on the implications for mental health treatment in this country, on the implications of facism or terrorism or anything else.

The only thing I really want to comment on is the fact that it sounds like the local community has had someone who cared, and made a real difference, for them taken away, and that a family has had its heart cut out, and that is a tragedy.

This ^

Soldato
OP
It doesn't take a giant leap to go from Britain First rhetoric to incenting violence, and it bares discussion if there is a link, mentally ill or not.

So lets say if had watched some films\tv shows like This is England, American History X, or any other that involves racism, immigration issues, Neo Nazis and the like then would you also consider that as a worthy discussion to be had as to the reason he killed her yesterday, i doubt it.

Linking this murder to anything other than mental illness is foolish, and those that do and those that try to gain from this tragedy need to be in a cell next to him.

Soldato
OP
It doesn't take a giant leap to go from Britain First rhetoric to incenting violence, and it bares discussion if there is a link, mentally ill or not.

Exactly. Only stupid people are the one's trying to make a link, mostly the usual on here.

Caporegime
The Tories have said they won't run a candidate in the by-election out of respect. Nice gesture but I can see both sides on that one.

Gesture? They had no option but to not contest it, tbh I'd be surprised if any of the main parties did under the circumstances.

Just out of interest, what's your view on the other side to this then?

Soldato
OP
And we're off

[ ] It's all the immigrants fault
[ ] He's been suffering from anxiety and depression
[x] Mental illness is responsible for this
[ ] Lone nutter
[ ] False flag
[ ] Isolated case
[ ] Muslims do bad things too!

So what is your option smarty.

Soldato
1 in 4 people experience some form of mental health issue every year. Its not the mind its the situation we place that mind in that is the issue.

Our societies are increasingly intolerant of other peoples perspectives. It's not limited to the left and the right but an issue for as all.

Soldato
OP
When Lee Rigby was killed, were his killers immediately labelled as mentally ill? No. I don't then see why it would be the case here. This guy could have been radicalised by Britain First propaganda and carried out his attack knowing full well what he was doing - Anders Breivik style. Radicalisation isn't something exclusive to Muslims; it can affect any group with a grudge about government policy, perceived injustice or marginalisation.

Are you for real, typical waffle response again, do you actually look at facts before posting nonsense?

Those killers freely admitted why and for what reason they killed Lee Rigby, and live on Camera, in front of multiple eye witnesses.

Like in one of my earlier posts, if he had watched some violent racist anti immigration movies and tv shows recently, would you be blaming that to?
:rolleyes:

And again, has whatever he shouted been confirmed yet? Have you any proof that it is a fact he shouted Britain First?

This thread is the same as yesterday, same clowns posting aswell.

Soldato
OP
[FnG]magnolia;29638524 said:
It's very sad but not altogether surprising that the mods have had to remove so many posts from posters who want to conflate the tragic death of an innocent woman with their political views.

I know you're not ashamed but you should be.

RIP.

Correct.

I came in here to post my respects yesterday, but the thread was temporarily locked due to some horribly disrespectful members of this forum and I have not had a chance to post in it since it reopened. Good to see the filth moderated though. My respect goes to the mods in dealing with that.

Politics really brings out the worst in people. I remember being appalled at people (including an ex-work colleague) going to parade and cheer after Thatcher died. I mean seriously you plebs, politicians are people too, whether you agree with their political allegiance or not.

However, RIP to Jo Cox. Such a horrible way for it to end. Hopefully they string up the attacker by his ****. Sod human rights.

Soldato
Its almost like the same mentality that people have when they go to support their footie team playing against a long time rival.

That sort of behaviour doesn't belong in a stadium let alone on a thread about the death of a mother and someone who tried her best to serve the people.

Back
Top Bottom