MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Soldato
It's a bit presumptuous to be putting this solely down to campaign allegiance without solid evidence. Domestic terrorism sure, however in the midst of current political events and the very similar lines being spouted by a lot of the leave campaign it's pretty easy to make the connection - whether right or not.

Soldato
My GOD man, leave it to the EU thread. If you don't get your damn vote it's because you didn't have a good enough campaign or couldn't be arsed to actually give out correct details. Leave it out of this thread.

Am entitled to an opinion. I left the EU thread as its the ssdd.

Lets see what press reverts to in the next few days. If it doesn't, it doesn't, if it does it would be proven a valid point to make. Forgive me for my skepticism of the UK media :o

Caporegime
We need to wait for the full facts but anything that attempts to undermine the democratic process must be condemned without caveat. Politics must take a back seat for a while in the wake of this attack.

Soldato
Finding it slightly bizarre the coverage and 'Breaking News!!' and 'Live FEED!' this is getting, she was an unknown MP. Sorry she's been attacked, shot, stabbed but people get attacked, shot and stabbed everyday.

Soldato
It's a bit presumptuous to be putting this solely down to campaign allegiance without solid evidence. Domestic terrorism sure, however in the midst of current political events and the very similar lines being spouted by a lot of the leave campaign it's pretty easy to make the connection - whether being stupid and brain dead to do so or not.

Soldato
Ok, random comment.

Might I suggest that you haven't a clue about how to discuss such matters if you don't think knowing what is and what isn't banned is irrelevant?

It may not be irrelevant.

But in the eyes of the general public it is, and guns are banned.

Yes you may be able to get a licence to get around said ban, but they are banned for purchase and possession by general public.

get over yourself, and take your guns else where

Soldato
Hope she pulls through. Remain and leave have suspended campaigning for the day in light of this.

Looks like she got caught in between two guys fighting.

The Guardian have retracted the Britain first shout claim, and the BBC haven't reported it at all.

Soldato
How can you possibly have mixed views on something like this is beyond me.

My views are mixed because I see it as the inevitable consequences of our politicians direction of travel. You can't keep making bad decisions and not expect this sort of thing.

I'm rather surprised we havent seen more of it really.

Man of Honour
My views are mixed because I see it as the inevitable consequences of our politicians direction of travel. You can't keep making bad decisions and not expect this sort of thing.

I'm rather surprised we havent seen more of it really.

That I don't disagree with, but going out and shooting and stabbing is the act of a crazy man. It is not justifiable in the slightest.

Soldato
Everyone wants what is best for their own nation. The only traitors are those idiots who think this is acceptable, they are traitors to humanity. Being a traitor to humanity is a far worse offence than ****ing off a skin head who thinks he knows better.

Violence is sometimes legitimate. I don't think this particular violence was justified, but I don't rule out all political violence.

Caporegime
Hope she pulls through. Remain and leave have suspended campaigning for the day in light of this.

The Guardian have retracted the Britain first shout claim, and the BBC haven't reported it at all.

That's almost like it was completely unsubstantiated!

Caporegime

if that's true then, fair play to her brave woman

Soldato
OP
Don't know enough about her but from initial reading up she seems a nice person. Hope she is ok.

Why can't this sort of thing ever happen to MPs who are loathed by the public like Jeremy Hunt... Be kind of ironic if it was him and it was a JD saving him like. You could just imagine the thoughts going through their mind.

So, it's not good her being shot and stabbed but yeah, cool, shoot and stab Hunt though? Really.

Soldato
Violence is sometimes legitimate. I don't think this particular violence was justified, but I don't rule out all political violence.

There's no excuse for that sort of violence - it makes you as bad as the bloke today and some of the stuff happening in the name of Islam. If you are just waiting for some justification then you should be on someones watch list frankly

Back
Top Bottom