MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Associate
WAs just working around the corner 10 mins before this happened. I hope she pulls through and they throw the book at the muppet who has done this.

Soldato
There's no excuse for that sort of violence - it makes you as bad as the bloke today and some of the stuff happening in the name of Islam. If you are just waiting for some justification then you should be on someones watch list frankly

Of course violence is sometimes legitimate. If a Kurd had assassinated Saddam, would you have said that was an injustice?

Soldato
Hope she pulls through. Remain and leave have suspended campaigning for the day in light of this.

Looks like she got caught in between two guys fighting.

The Guardian have retracted the Britain first shout claim, and the BBC haven't reported it at all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36550304

Huh? I read this on the BBC about 3 hours ago, before this thread appeared...

***REMOVED***

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
No it isn't. A former aid worker trying to make things better vs Hunt who is trying to do what exactly?

If it had been him I think my comments would have got me a holiday.

I'm sure we could agree Blair would be worthy of this sort of attack though. She just seems a down to earth MP. A rarity amongst so many.

I don't think anyone deserves to be shot and stabbed (apart from kiddy fiddlers), you seem to be saying various people who have been doing their job whether that be to your liking or not deserve to be shot (Hunt and now Blair).

If you don't like certain people, you don't go out and shoot them for doing their job.

What a strange view.

Soldato
Eye witness:

"I could hear a loud popping noise that sounded like a balloon burst - a loud balloon - and when I looked round there's a man stood there in his 50s with a white baseball cap on and a jacket with a gun, an old fashioned looking gun in his hand, and he shot this lady once and then he shot her again, she fell to the floor, lent over shot her once more in the face area."

Hope that's not accurate - sounds very bad indeed.

Caporegime
Police investigating reports suspect shouted 'Britain First'

Police are also investigating reports the suspect shouted “Britain First”, a possible reference to the far-right political party, as he launched the attack, Vikram Dodd, Nazia Paveen and Rob Booth report.

Graeme Howard, 38, who lives in nearby Bond Street, told the Guardian he heard the man shout “Britain First” before the shooting and during the arrest.

Police were understood to be talking to at least one witness who claimed to have heard the attacker shout words about the right-wing group, and the motivation for the incident will form part of their inquiry

“I heard the shot and I ran outside and saw some ladies from the cafe running out with towels,” he said. “There was loads of screaming and shouting and the police officers showed up.

“He was shouting Britain First when he was doing it and being arrested. He was pinned down by two police officers and she was taken away in an ambulance.”

(From the Guardian live feed)

Soldato
OP
Eye witness:

"I could hear a loud popping noise that sounded like a balloon burst - a loud balloon - and when I looked round there's a man stood there in his 50s with a white baseball cap on and a jacket with a gun, an old fashioned looking gun in his hand, and he shot this lady once and then he shot her again, she fell to the floor, lent over shot her once more in the face area."

Hope that's not accurate - sounds very bad indeed.

What an absolute ****.

Soldato
***REMOVED***

Hopefully she pulls through.

Hopefully the pleb has the book thrown at him for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom