MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Have to say Dewsbury must be a right **** hole if you can get shot and stabbed by some nutter and the first passerby happens to be in the BNP.

You're watching The Pledge? Things must be so bad they need to fill an hour slot on Thursdays with this garbage. You can almost sense all the keyboard warriors for Thursday nights when this is live on Twitter.

Its also amusing watching the body language of some of these people.

Yet we've also got a bra women on political debates.

You do realise that 'fit to be detained' doesn't mean he wasn't a nutter?

Indeed this is right, however, the picture in circulation of him stood at a BF protest and the fact he had a knife and a firearm points to a little more than just being slightly nuts, it looks much more like a far right head case (name me a sane one?) with a strong degree of premeditated intention.

I'm inclined to think this guy wasn't mentally ill as such more just rather warped in a criminal manner, I think there is a difference between people like this moron and those who are "just" mentally ill.

Have to say Dewsbury must be a right **** hole if you can get shot and stabbed by some nutter and the first passerby happens to be in the BNP.

Dewsbury is the picture with the Britain first banner. The attack happened in Birstall, a borough of Batley.

On the other point, it was one individual. He could have been in a group that only had him in it. It's hardly telling of the area that one person is a member of a hate group (attack aside, given that we still don't really know the circumstances).

You seem to be downplaying the mental health issues in favour of the political agenda.

We know he had major mental health issues and reason to hold a grudge against his local mp - what's more likely a simple grudge or some sort of targeted political assassination?

Not downplaying them at all, they are an active area of investigation.

That said many people on these forums are quick to complain about mental health coming up in horrific circumstances. See the girls who killed an older "alcoholic" lady, any Islamic terrorism thread etc etc.

Well he shot her three times and stabbed her seven times which sounds more psycho to me.

Just googled The Pledge - Sky's answer to Question Time apparently, mind boggled.

Well he shot her three times and stabbed her seven times which sounds more psycho to me.

Just googled The Pledge - Sky's answer to Question Time apparently, mind boggled.

That Michelle Mone is just full of cliches and buzzwords with scatterbrain June Sarpong.

I'd argue with that but there is no substance, just a "I know about this, so prove me wrong" argument.
I'm waiting for something more concrete.

What we do know.
A man murdered a Labour MP, He likely said Britain First or Put Britain First during the act.
He may or may not have mental health issues though the police believe he is fit to be detained.

We will soon see, its not hard to put two and two together.

His half brother was not Caucasian and got on fine with him.

So it has been a personal hate campaign or personal agender against the victim, due to a mental disorder of a feeling of being let down and betrayed by the powers that be.

That's all it is.
I see pictures when you see flashing headline lights! :rolleyes:

We will soon see, its not hard to put two and two together.

His half brother was not Caucasian and got on fine with him.

So it has been a personal hate campaign or personal agender against the victim, due to a mental disorder of a feeling of being let down and betrayed by the powers that be.

That's all it is.
I see pictures when you see flashing headline lights! :rolleyes:

did you also see the whole of the moon?

Not downplaying them at all, they are an active area of investigation.

That said many people on these forums are quick to complain about mental health coming up in horrific circumstances. See the girls who killed an older "alcoholic" lady, any Islamic terrorism thread etc etc.

Police have said mental health is clear line of enquiry where as right wing extremism is only a priority line of enquiry - they have made the distinction and they have all the facts.

Police have said mental health is clear line of enquiry where as right wing extremism is only a priority line of enquiry - they have made the distinction and they have all the facts.

Wow thanks for that, where is the distinction made that one is above the other?

Do enlighten me how priority comes below clear.

Clear suggests that 100% they are investigating and priority that they have looked at everything else and prioritised that.

If you read the statement the right wing angle comes from inferences in the press rather than facts. They also state that they aren't looking for anyone else which goes against any sort of conspiracy.

did you also see the whole of the moon?

I sat on the moon and watched pink Floyd the wall on the dark side of the moon. (Gear VR). :p

Trust me he is a mental case period!

He looked up and requested literature on how to make a gun? :confused:
Its not hard to make a gun or bomb if you not a mental case. :rolleyes:

This brings back dreadful memories of something that happened in our town 5 years ago.

A 59 year old woman, known to my mum through working locally was stabbed in the neck by a woman called Nicola Edgington and died in Bexleyheath. Nicola had admitted herself to the local A&E the day before as she knew her mind was going and was transferred to the local psychiatric unit but walked out as there was not adequate security stopping her. A few hours later, she brutually killed an innocent woman.

At the time we had the usual rhetoric of "lessons will be learned" They obviously weren't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21195602

Last edited:
This brings back dreadful memories of something that happened in our town 5 years ago.

A 59 year old woman, known to my mum through working locally was stabbed in the neck by a woman called Nicola Edgington and died in Bexleyheath. Nicola had admitted herself to the local A&E the day before as she knew her mind was going and was transferred to the local psychiatric unit but walked out as there was not adequate security stopping her. A few hours later, she brutually killed an innocent woman.

At the time we had the usual rhetoric of "lessons will be learned" They obviously weren't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21195602

We can thank Tory cuts to public health spending for this. Blood on their hands and anyone who voted for them.

Sorry if posted all ready.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...s-mair-asked-for-mental-health-treatment-day/

Jo Cox murder: Thomas Mair asked for mental health treatment day before MP died

Mrs Cox was stabbed, shot and killed the same day outside Birstall library, which is about 300 yards from the therapy centre. The centre’s owner Rebecca Walker, 42, told The Telegraph: “He came to the centre looking for alternative therapies for his depression.

“He said he had been suffering from mental health problems for a long time, but said that reflex therapies and others he’d tried in the past hadn’t helped.

“He appeared to be quite a troubled man, didn’t say very much to anyone while he was there.

“I asked him to come back on Thursday to discuss it all and have a drink, but he never came back.

“You think maybe you could stop it, you know if he’d stayed for five more minutes. I guess I couldn’t really have done much though really.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...p-health-counsellor-just-24-hours-attack.html

The loner suspected of killing Jo Cox appeared deeply disturbed just 24 hours before the attack, a health counsellor said last night.
Thomas Mair said after stumbling into a ‘well-being centre’ on Wednesday night that he was depressed and had been on medication for a long time.
Mair’s psychiatric history is at the heart of the police inquiry into the attack – and officers are also said to be investigating links to far-Right groups.
The counsellor who spoke to him for about 15 minutes on Wednesday said she realised he was in ‘some sort of crisis’ and there appeared to be a ‘real problem’.

Back
Top Bottom