MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Caporegime
You seemed keen to blame Islam for the stabbing that happened at Leytonstone tube station. You called it a terrorist attack. What's changed?

Nothing has changed, it was a terrorist attack just as this attack was one too. Perhaps you could be more specific and deal with actual quotes, statements.

Caporegime
No, it's not. That would be blaming the average Brexiter on the street; blaming UKIP and the Daily Mail is equivalent to blaming fundamentalist preachers.

no... more like ordinary preachers... the vast majority of UKIP supporters and daily mail readers are not terrorists nor are they calling for the deaths of MPs

Associate
Caporegime
no... more like ordinary preachers... the vast majority of UKIP supporters and daily mail readers are not terrorists nor are they calling for the deaths of MPs

I didn't say readers and supporters. I'm talking about the rhetoric put out by them. The Daily Mail has been fear mongering about immigrants, and flat out lying about the EU for years. UKIP is doing the same, with Farage saying there will be women raped if we stay in the EU, Farage saying that he didn't want a Romanian for a neighbour, Farage's new poster which bares remarkable similarities to 1930s Nazi propoganda and, in any case, uses pictures which have nothing to do with the EU, and so on. These people are deliberately stirring up hostility to immigration.

Caporegime
I didn't say readers and supporters. I'm talking about the rhetoric put out by them. The Daily Mail has been fear mongering about immigrants, and flat out lying about the EU for years. UKIP is doing the same, with Farage saying there will be women raped if we stay in the EU, Farage saying that he didn't want a Romanian for a neighbour, Farage's new poster which bares remarkable similarities to 1930s Nazi propoganda and, in any case, uses pictures which have nothing to do with the EU, and so on. These people are deliberately stirring up hostility to immigration.

And Islam does the same regarding homosexuality... leading to 49 people being shot in Florida... It doesn't mean ordinary clerics are responsible for that any more than a political party and a newspaper are responsible for this. Islam doesn't agree with homosexuality and clerics will tell you it is a sin, UKIP/Daily Mail don't seem to like illegal immigrants etc...

There is a problem within Islam just as there is a problem within right wing groups but blaming ordinary right wing institutions/parties is like blaming ordinary muslim groups.

I just find it amusing that people on the left are using the same sorts of arguments they'd take issue with if flipped the other way around had this been an Islamist attack.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I never realised this whole "Britain First" thing was based on the word of a BNP member. Funny how BNP members are routinely castigated 99% of the time, but one is being held up here as a reliable witness because it suits the Government's agenda and gives the Left their very own martyr ...

Britain First has been working hard to push this line to try and protect themselves. There doesn't seem to be any truth to their claims and, in any case, the claim that Mair shouted "Britain First" (or similar) is based on reports from multiple eye witnesses.

Caporegime
And Islam does the same regarding homosexuality... leading to 49 people being shot in Florida... It doesn't mean ordinary clerics are responsible for that any more than a political party and a newspaper are responsible for this.

Actually, I would say that the homophobic preaching of some religious groups do bare some responsibility. Do you not? Do you think he'd have gone and murdered those people without a climate of religiously-motivated hostility towards gays? It is, of course, not the only factor but it does contribute. The toxic atmosphere stoked up the Tabloid press, UKIP and parts of the Tory party have created the atmosphere in which Mair can believe that a pro-Remain MP who campaigns for decent treatment of refugees is a traitor and deserves to die.

Caporegime
Britain First has been working hard to push this line to try and protect themselves. There doesn't seem to be any truth to their claims and, in any case, the claim that Mair shouted "Britain First" (or similar) is based on reports from multiple eye witnesses.

You'll also find that Muslims will distance themselves from Islamic terrorists even when they shout 'allahu akbar'.

It should be seen as a positive when misguided people like Britian First leaders and Muslim clerics are at least quick to condemn terror attacks and distance themselves from it.

Though trying to claim that this guy wasn't a Britian First supporter would frankly be as farcical as the laughable attempts to claim that Islamic terrorists are not true Muslims.

Caporegime
Actually, I would say that the homophobic preaching of some religious groups do bare some responsibility. Do you not? Do you think he'd have gone and murdered those people without a climate of religiously-motivated hostility towards gays? It is, of course, not the only factor but it does contribute. The toxic atmosphere stoked up the Tabloid press, UKIP and parts of the Tory party have created the atmosphere in which Mair can believe that a pro-Remain MP who campaigns for decent treatment of refugees is a traitor and deserves to die.

Nope - there is a big difference between not agreeing with homosexuality and hating gay people. Just as there is a big difference between not liking Islam and not liking Muslim people.

Personally I don't have any issue with homosexuality or gay people or Muslim people. I do have an issue with Islam and other organised religions.

Caporegime
Just found this from 2014 in which UKIP candidate George Ferguson said:

“The Lib-Lab-Cons have conspired with a foreign power, the EU, and are all thereby guilty of treason. They have sold Britain, which is the fifth largest economy, illegally into increasing slavery inside the EU dictatorship. Those responsible should be hung by the neck until dead.”​

Caporegime

“The Lib-Lab-Cons have conspired with a foreign power, the EU, and are all thereby guilty of treason. They have sold Britain, which is the fifth largest economy, illegally into increasing slavery inside the EU dictatorship. Those responsible should be hung by the neck until dead.”​

I once heard a mother saying she could 'kill' her toddler after he was misbehaving - do you think I should take the statement at face value and call social services?

Soldato
I once heard a mother saying she could 'kill' her toddler after he was misbehaving - do you think I should take the statement at face value and call social services?

Yeah the mothers around here call their toddlers treasonous little ***** and threaten to hang them from the neck until dead all the time. :)

Soldato

The Telegraph said:
The death penalty for treason was abolished in 1998.

Interesting.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom