MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Soldato
What 'position'? This is an Internet forum - get some perspective. I suppose at least you admit to dining out and gloating. :rolleyes:

Gloating and dining out are your sick words.

If I was you and had been as wrong as you clearly have been, I would have backed off from posting.

But then to use supposed emotion for an MP who's work I actually admire, as a reason not to question the motives and backdrop of the killing isn't just disingenuous it's actually sick.

Soldato
OP
Because she happened to be his planned target. Do you really think this guy thinks there's no other "traitors" out there??? So, in that case why did he yell "Death to traitors" as a plural??? :D

It's been confirmed anyway. He killed Jo because he thought she was a traitor to the country, as literally stated in court. She was not a traitor to HIM personally lmao, and that's why hes a terrorist.

Possibly that she changed or supported something that directly affected him, maybe the support or disability benefits he got help with that he no longer can get, so his hatred could have easily been for her, can't you even grasp that option?

Soldato
OP
MattyG also said his...friend...knew him well and that there was more to it that would come out soon enough.

Yeah but you know, asim18, stewy and the rest wont have it though even if it turns out true what mattyg said or if the same thing posted on reddit is true.

Soldato
OP
And there you go. Can you now see the possibility that this guy is peeved as a result of his mental health care being cut and she was too busy helping people half way around the world, abandoning her constituents. Wouldn't you agree that that could be seen as a cause to dislike someone?

So we have multiple possible causes which has been my point all along.

Bingo.

Caporegime
I'm saying there are all sorts of scenarios that could lend themselves to a parent saying that in a 1:1 scenario, and none of them equate to saying it in an official communication.

I think it's disingenuous to try to equate the two. One of them displays hate, the other indicates stress.

I've not equated the two, I'm just pointing out what ought to be rather obvious - that such a statement wasn't meant at face value and it is quite common to make statements not intended at face value in the English language.

It is rather different to say a hate preacher or politician of whatever denomination literally calling for the killing of X group of people.

Soldato
Yeah but you know, asim18, stewy and the rest wont have it though even if it turns out true what mattyg said or if the same thing posted on reddit is true.

I make my points based on the evidence as it unfolds.
As of this moment it appears a promising and likeable left wing MP has been murdered by a rightwing nutjob, as I said many pages back.
Should that change during the investigation, I'll revise my opinion.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You're being slightly disingenuous with some parts.

Definite cuts which impact treatment. We know these cuts happened. It's widely accepted that the state of mental health care in this country is a disgrace. That gives 4 of your points motives of a personal grievance against her. Now given what Mattyg and links to the reddit thread have shown we have a guy who is mentally ill, is easily led, has a brother with links and involvements in far right groups.
Can you see now how we have someone being lead/pushed down a path that they do not fully understand?

I fully agree with what you say, exactly my views, but i am also holding out that because of his mental health issues (these have not been explained yet) and how bad or not they are then he could have been talked\coerced into this by others, but we will see.

I think people should not just take the words "mental health illness" too flippantly, we know who do, those issues can range from very mild issues to extremely violent issues like we have seen in the past few days.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So are you saying when a typical terrorist you find in the media, blows up a dozen innocent people along with himself because he understands he will wake up in heaven with several dozen virgins at his disposal, is actually right in his understanding that he will wake up in heaven with several dozen virgins at his disposal? Double standards ahoy!

Yes but those "typical terrorists" are for the most part taught that crap and more from the the day they saw light through some lips.

You are born with no views at all, you are a blank canvas.

Caporegime
I make my points based on the evidence as it unfolds.
As of this moment it appears a promising and likeable left wing MP has been murdered by a rightwing nutjob, as I said many pages back.
Should that change during the investigation, I'll revise my opinion.

So can you admit you have a bias towards the victim?
Don't make your points based upon unfolding evidence. Wait until you have it all to hand. You're calling people out who have formed their opinions based on incomplete evidence yet you're doing exactly the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom