MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Soldato
Obviously when he posted earlier that NO there was not a political motive, he was working off less complete data. Back then Arazi seemed to have less problem with that. Perhaps in the interim he's decided a more cautious approach and fair play to him if has.

Man of Honour
Gents - Jokester has asked you nicely to stop bickering and trying to wind each other up. Please can you heed this request now, it doesn't seem likely that you'll see eye to eye so either put each other on ignore or drop it. This attempted point scoring does no one any favours.

Man of Honour
I've not equated the two, I'm just pointing out what ought to be rather obvious - that such a statement wasn't meant at face value and it is quite common to make statements not intended at face value in the English language.

It is rather different to say a hate preacher or politician of whatever denomination literally calling for the killing of X group of people.

So you agree that the term 'I'm going to kill you' aimed at a child probably in the heat of the moment is not intended at face value and that this is very different to issuing a formal statement as a politician?

Then why bring it up at all?

Farage is now blaming criticism of UKIP's latest poster on Jo Cox's murder, despite criticism starting hours earlier. :o

Absolute snake

Soldato
I like what amp said in another thread about this

Amp34 said:
Just imagine if the guy was Romanian. All the leave campaign would be ignoring the mental illness side and we would have had pages and pages of anti immigration speal.

That is just so true, if this guy had been Eastern European, or god forbid, a Muslim, I'm sure Phil675, Dis86, RaohNS, Thomson_NCL, Arazi, n111ck et al would all be so fervently arguing the 'mental illness'* line and not any other connection.....

*which just for you Phil675 I'd like to point out is just as meaningless and vague a term as 'Assault Rifle'

Caporegime
I like what amp said in another thread about this

That is just so true, if this guy had been Eastern European, or god forbid, a Muslim, I'm sure Phil675, Dis86, RaohNS, Thomson_NCL, Arazi, n111ck et al would all be so fervently arguing the 'mental illness'* line and not any other connection.....

*which just for you Phil675 I'd like to point out is just as meaningless and vague a term as 'Assault Rifle'

Why would the guy being Eastern European have anything to do with it? Last time I checked we haven't had a number of terrorist attacks in the last 15 years committed by anyone of Eastern European origin?

I'm also not fervently arguing the mental illness line. I'm arguing the fact we don't/didn't have a clear motive.

But thank you for your assumptions and sweeping generalisations!

Soldato
OP
what was this about?

That was linking to the news that they was now treating it as possibly politically motivated over a day ago.

How the hell am i denying it being political with that post, i am showing that they are treating it as such????

Are you real or are you a bot.

Associate
3A1DD6B6-211B-4894-A995-B453E7D7A987.jpg

David Cameron attempting to feed on Jo Cox's corpse on Facebook this afternoon. Over 400 comments calling him a tasteless vile sonofabitch, mine included ...

Back
Top Bottom