US: Mr. Robot

Soldato
S2 was still entertaining, a little bit jumbled up perhaps but that's the essence of the show, and not overly so that I couldn't keep up.
Personally I thought it was a little bit of a slow start in S2 until episode 3 I think it was.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I've started S1 E1. I like most of what I've seen so far. Not reading the whole thread in case of spoilers, but is the series worth dedicating time to?

If you feel you would have to make time to watch it, maybe not.

If you're between shows then its a great filler. Offers a lot more originality than the other cookie cutter shows out there.

I actually like it. Its flawed but I'm looking forward to S3.

Soldato
Well finished Season 1, managed to cram 10 episodes in over the last 4-5 days or so.

I quite enjoyed it, some of the scenes are a bit weird when you find out about his dad.

May start Season 2 tonight.

Soldato
Just binged both series. Never been so confused by a tvshow or movie in my life. Have no idea what is going on, what's real and what's not etc. I still think season 2 was decent despite this. I still want to see season 3 just to hopefully get some answers!

Soldato
Well this was interesting....4th wall meta **** going on.

Reminded me a bit of Stranger Things...but then ST was after this yeah? So it's the other way about.

There is an absolute **** ton of layers and minute detail in every detail in every scene...very Kubrick levels or layers here.

Music flirted between godlike and just inane. So many scenes with tremendous tension building...very impressed with the sound.

I hated Rami malek in this and his nasal slow as **** voice and boring kill me now! monologues.
Thought the imagination prison stuff was excellent.

Loved This kind of program where subjective value reigns supreme over objectivity false gods. (E.g. lord of the rings)

The problem with Mr Robot is it really rolls the dice like a true madman between greatness and farce. If it can hold all the threads together (no matter how fuzzy complicated it gets) and pull the last thread like a domino effect with everything fallingo into place then I will rank it certainly higher than Lost (flattered to deceive...and basically trolled us)

Of course it all hinges on the grand narrative...is there one? Are they just making up **** as they go...I hope not. I hope instead that it's a monumental tsunami of a domino tumbler.

Some questions

Significance of Angela and Tyrells phone conversation at the end suggestive of matrix like narrative...rabbit hole? *When* he wakes up??

Significance of 4th wall Elliot and US? (Throughout)

Significance of Angela tripping out fish tank scene...I think the phrase believing is seeing...is the Key ;). What belief??? Does trans time keeper want??

Associate
Just struggled through Season 2. Made me feel really thick as I didn't have a clue what was going on half the time. It's annoying as there is some great acting and some brilliant scenes but the whole series was just a jumbled mess to me.

Soldato
Agreed. I stopped soon into series 2, it just didn't grab me like it did in the first half of S1

I slogged through season 2 just because I liked S1 an awful lot. It wasn't as good but hoping for better things for S3. Hopefully they haven't had their writing budget/time slashed as there are far more questions than answers at the moment and could either end up absurd or genius

Soldato
I slogged through season 2 just because I liked S1 an awful lot. It wasn't as good but hoping for better things for S3. Hopefully they haven't had their writing budget/time slashed as there are far more questions than answers at the moment and could either end up absurd or genius
Hmm, perhaps I'll give it a go once I've slogged through Arrested Development (there are so many episodes :o!)

Back
Top Bottom