1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr. Robot

Discussion in 'US TV shows discussion.' started by SexyGreyFox, May 27, 2015.

1. d_brennen

Capodecina

It's on Amazon Prime though

2. elrasho

Soldato

Gonna give this a miss, second season was the most awful TV I have ever seen

3. Hikari Kisugi

Capodecina

I enjoyed season two as it really detailed mania and madness very well.
    Season one was just lovely.
    Hopefully s 3 will work out well.

4. Surfer

Capodecina

Its a classic. Excellent show for its genre. I think it got a golden globe for best drama 2016 also.

Sure there are 1 or 2 extremely bad episodes (you will know them when you see them) but overall its right up there with shows like Stranger Things, Westworld.

this basically ^^

5. howiepoohs

Mobster

I'd say the whole of series two was pretty poor. I enjoyed the first but gave up on the 2nd.

6. stewski

Suspended

Season 2, could have dropped the additional 2 episodes and it would have been a stronger finish imo.
    Still we'll be back for S3.

7. iBSOD

Wise Guy

Is it shot on film? Looks grainy, especially with the whole episode being quite dark

8. stewski

Suspended

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, that said unless you have never watched anything other than the wire, sopranos etc this sort of statement is nonsense.

S3 ep1 has promise and despite a hurried extra 2 episodes at the end of season 2 the quality of that series was in the absolute cream of the crop that year (s1 being the best thing on tv for 5 years imho)!

9. elrasho

Soldato

Watched The Wire but not Sopranos. I watch all sorts of TV Series.

Like you said everyone is entitled to their own opinion.... "absolute cream of the crop that year " :eek:

10. Combat Fighter

Mobster

^^

Sopranos is top quality, miles better than the wire.

Thought that was a good opening episode to season 3.

Roll on the next episode!

11. stewski

Suspended

Not sure I disagree re Soprano's V wire and what a great problem to have (which is better), although the wire is pretty much the only five series (23eps per series) show I ever watched that seemed a cohesive and stunningly entertaining collection of discrete series that actually was about something.

Episode to episode the Sopranos probably has it, the pine barron's (directed by Steve Buscemi by the way) is possibly my fave single episode of a TV show ever, as a whole show I'm less sure.

Back on Mr Robot, people's reviews of Mr Robot series 2 are often some of the biggest "toys out of pram" nonsense I ever read, yes Stranger things, black mirror, west world, game of thrones are all candidates for better shows of 2016, but the list of now way never better TV than season 2 of Mr Robot is near endless and despite a misjudgement on the hurried extra 2 episodes, the quality was still very high.

As a show I didn't really expect Mr Robot to manage anything but passable in season 2, which pretty much was the case if compared to the first season, compared to the night manager and the night of, it's still a pretty great show.

What will be interesting is where they go now, watching the Trump/May/where world politics has gone (since the show said what it said in the first season) sequences, leave some hope that this dog aint dead and actually might have more bite than an Eminem rap attack on idiocy!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  12. stewski

Suspended

Name away, if it's better than s2 of Robot I'll give it a spin...

13. Glanza

Soldato

Enjoyed the start to s3, the cinematography was some of the best of a TV show in reset time.