• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition - How To Unlock The Power ***

Associate
Just tell us the steps you made to unlock the card...

There are plenty of guides around to assist you, However i can not tell you the exact method used that got my card unlocked as i had to send it to a bofin after trying to unlock it myself and failing miserably.
The reason i asked the above questions was because maybe there is an obvious difference between my card and his that would point out if its certain vendors that don't unlock or something else that is obvious to a particular card.

Associate
Okey, listen, I'm a ****ing retard. I changed the "shader unlock bios" by msi with RBE to get a good fan profil at the first unlock attempt. Unlock didn't worked. Now tried it again without modifing the bios:

What else could i say then THX to you guys (the MSI dude and caster), saved so much money 'cause of you!
Gonna make some test to see if everything is stable and whether i rly got a performance boost of ~5%

Edit: Btw i used ATIflash 3.89

Last edited:
Associate
And there you have it people.
Its like i said don't give up.
Come on Krugga you can do it ;)
Erm i think i need £200 fast for another card ;)
Oh and dfgdfg i think you will be pleasantly surprised.
A few more people and we can start an msi twin frozr 3 overclocking thread :D

Soldato
And there you have it people.
Its like i said don't give up.
Come on Krugga you can do it ;)
Erm i think i need £200 fast for another card ;)
Oh and dfgdfg i think you will be pleasantly surprised.
A few more people and we can start an msi twin frozr 3 overclocking thread :D

Compare this picture to what dfgdfg posted and tell me why I think you're a moron.

c6n.png

Soldato
Post your findings, I'm very interested in how efficient the other profile is.

It might not be of much use to me as I'm planning to overclock my card very soon anyway.

I give it a try, couldn't hear a difference to be honest, certainly not one that would make a difference over the rest of the fans in my case (especially the CPU fan). I turned off every fan in my case and it was pretty inaudible on performance mode tbh! :p Changing my CPU fan PWM to 37% min / 50C target temp did more to improve noise levels.

Last edited:
Soldato
I give it a try, couldn't hear a difference to be honest, certainly not one that would make a difference over the rest of the fans in my case (especially the CPU fan). I turned off every fan in my case and it was pretty inaudible on performance mode tbh! :p Changing my CPU fan PWM to 37% min / 50C target temp did more to improve noise levels.

Did you measure the noise at full gpu load?

Associate
Erm the fact that you cant unlock your card makes me a moron does it?
No really come on do tell me why you think im a moron,
Is it because you will never have 1536 shaders :D with your clapped out card.
Your just jealous dude and your starting on the wrong person.
Look at your 1408 shaders and tell me why i think you cry yourself to sleep every night ;)

Soldato
Erm the fact that you cant unlock your card makes me a moron does it?
No really come on do tell me why you think im a moron,
Is it because you will never have 1536 shaders :D with your clapped out card.
Your just jealous dude and your starting on the wrong person.
Look at your 1408 shaders and tell me why i think you cry yourself to sleep every night ;)

You're living up to what I assumed you were.

Why did I call you a moron?

First of all, you're ignoring all previous posts and instead of giving out a proper and brief answer, you start with your unbelievably boring stories that have nothing to do with the subject.

Secondly, you've assumed I haven't tried the proper way of unlocking the card, then on my and someone else's request to provide your way of unlocking the card, you decided to go around question and forget what

Your previous posts are so full of crap that it's hard to read without thinking feeling that you're reading a child's efforts to throw something stupid on the Forum.

I can't be even bothered to quote them and reply to your questions, they're that idiotic.

No personal offence intended, I'm just judging whatever contribution you brought to this thread.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope, probably should have but if your going to run it under full load the performance profile is probably the one you'd be using :p.

Don't you think that was a bit pointless then? :p

I'm going to try it out tomorrow but I'm 99% sure that the difference will be perceivable under load rather than in idle when the card is already quiet in Performance mode ;)

Associate
Really don't give a rats a** what you think tbh
I was trying to be positive for you and help you out but if that's the sort of negative feedback you give people when they try to help you then i feel sorry for you.

Soldato
Really don't give a rats a** what you think tbh
I was trying to be positive for you and help you out but if that's the sort of negative feedback you give people when they try to help you then i feel sorry for you.

I make the mistake of assuming that everyone posting in this section is in the know, especially after they school me on what I'm doing wrong and then prove that they have no clue of what they're on about.

Sorry if I offended you.

My card appears to be from an unlockable batch, like many others and I'm not too fused about it but your successful unlock proved that there are a couple more successfully flashed cards from the recent purchases (mine comes from a different vendor so might be from a different batch as well).

Associate
I make the mistake of assuming that everyone posting in this section is in the know, especially after they school me on what I'm doing wrong and then prove that they have no clue of what they're on about.

Sorry if I offended you.

My card appears to be from an unlockable batch, like many others and I'm not too fused about it but your successful unlock proved that there are a couple more successfully flashed cards from the recent purchases (mine comes from a different vendor so might be from a different batch as well).

Don't worry about your card being unlockable- mine unlocked, but is artifacting with the more shaders(without any OC/voltage change), so I am using it with the stock BIOS

Soldato
guys,
what temps are your cards running in idle ? mine is around 40 degrees...

and as I swapped from 2x5770 vapour-x I find 6950 TF3 extremely noisy :( specially in load when fan goes above 45% :( its annoying me to the point Im thinking about sending it back ( not sure OcUK would accept it back) and and am willing to pay some extra ££ to get card that is not as loud....

Soldato
Mines idling at around 37 degrees with fans at 50%.

I up the fans to 65 when gaming, but I have a headset on then so the noise doesn't bother me.

I'm assuming you're using MSi Afterburner and have configs loaded for different usages?

Soldato
Mines idling at around 37 degrees with fans at 50%.

I up the fans to 65 when gaming, but I have a headset on then so the noise doesn't bother me.

I'm assuming you're using MSi Afterburner and have configs loaded for different usages?

yes, whole rig got really hot yesterday as fans where set to 40% up to 60degrees or so and then slowly were reving speed ... what would be max temp for this card ?

are there any other cards on the market with similar spec that are quiet ? or at least not as loud ( fan on high speed makes really annoying noise )

Back
Top Bottom