• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSi gaming R9 270 fan oil leak?

Permabanned
Why keep posting the same nonsense even after its now officially a fault and always was and continue looking a fool.

You know I read about 3mins of your above rant as its 100% nonsense so you are wasting your time.

You would be sacked from my last place of work for oil leaks

Not one card owner here thinks its acceptable to wipe up oil.

Keep digging a hole.

Associate
I've never heard of bearings in a graphics card "lightly splattering oil". Never really heard of "overlubed" bearings either :confused: Oil should never splatter out of a graphics card.

This just seems to be a simple leak from faulty bearings. Maybe MSI are sourcing some copies from shengzhou :p. Lazy but costly

Associate
If there is a point of egress for the oil wouldn't that suggest that it would either continue to leak until it is almost dry and/or allow the oil to dry up because it is open to the air to some extent?

I was thinking about adding a 270 to a computer but my MSI 280x has started making a bit of fan noise and heating up more even though I just recently brushed it and blew dust out.

Soldato
If there is a point of egress for the oil wouldn't that suggest that it would either continue to leak until it is almost dry and/or allow the oil to dry up because it is open to the air to some extent?

I was thinking about adding a 270 to a computer but my MSI 280x has started making a bit of fan noise and heating up more even though I just recently brushed it and blew dust out.

From what I read the sleeve bearings are filled with oil and then capped to contain the oil the excess is then cleaned. It seems some cards have been overfilled and the excess oil not cleaned up and left to make it's way to the fan.

It seems to be poor quality control on MSI's part. If this is true or not I have no idea. But if the assembly line are failing to clean up then it makes you wonder if they fill correctly in the first place. This could be why there are the failures.

Who knows.

Soldato

If you are trying to get a rise mate you will not get it from me I'm afraid. If you are not going to post anything constructive and just childish slander and comments it might be worth not posting anything at all.

I'm happy for my theory's to be proved incorrect and welcome the opinion of others. I'm only trying to apply a little thought to a problem.

Cheers

Last edited:
Permabanned
Take some of your own advice as nothing you posted here makes any sense or helps anyone and you are simply making things up and do not know what MSI do or do not do.

To tell anyone its normal and acceptable and to clean it up is madness.

I am done with you in the whole forum as I think you are a fool (setting to ignore).

Soldato
Take some of your own advice as nothing you posted here makes any sense or helps anyone and you are simply making things up and do not know what MSI do or do not do.

To tell anyone its normal and acceptable and to clean it up is madness.

I am done with you in the whole forum as I think you are a fool (setting to ignore).

Welcome to OCUK if you cannot handle me I imagine your stay will be short.

I have not told anyone it is normal, You seem to have added that bit yourself. I'm not making anything up just adding a bit of discussion to a problem.

You say you are an engineer but only want to insult rather than discuss. Why ?

Anyway you wont see this as I'm ignored. Shame as I thought you were ok apart from telling me I'm on drugs and sleep with Engineers...

:(

Soldato
He got away with me not replying his last post for the sake of peace and as I am the new guy so why are you here throwing fuel on the fire it after it is over?

He may not have been as vocal as me but he did hint I did not understands basic issues in more than 1 post.

Do you need me to quote the parts where he hints I am not grasping basic knowledge that he is tying to explain even though what he is saying is 100% wrong in this thread not a matter of opinion?

I can see at least 1 other calling him out saying he talks BS.

A mod would deal with me if need be and as I see you are not a Mod so thanks for moving on.

I do not think I crossed the line but close and at the end of the day he would try the patient of a saint repeating the same nonsense, making out I and others are not grasping things as he is an engineer.

Even after a staff member said MSI now admitting its a fault he still posted the same nonsense.

None of his input was helpful and was 100% wrong and I hope to get on with him outside of this thread TBH.

Until you posted above I was done with this thread.

I posted as a member of the forums in the hope this sort of name calling could not happen in the future, simple enough for you to understand?
he also has a right to post just like you do ,i do or anyone else

Permabanned
You are still adding fuel to a fire or as some would call it stirring, leave the Moderating to the Mods.

I have not hit report and if he feels need to he can without your help.

I have him on ignore so will not be seeing him again.

Soldato
You are still adding fuel to a fire or as some would call it stirring, leave the Moderating to the Mods.

I have not hit report and if he feels need to he can without your help.

I have him on ignore so will not be seeing him again.

A mod would deal with me if need be and as I see you are not a Mod so thanks for moving on.
Want to try your own advice?? As stated i simply asked you didn't make personal posts , i could have simply reported your post but i choose to treat you like a adult and ask ,,,,

Permabanned
You do not ask anything of anyone here.

Report me go for it, anyone can see who talked the biggest lot of non helpful BS in this thread.

When you put together a paragraph like an adult then I may see you as one.

I tell you what I will set you to ignore also.

Soldato
You do not ask anything of anyone here.

Report me go for it, anyone can see who talked the biggest lot of non helpful BS in this thread.

When you put together a paragraph like an adult then I may see you as one.

I tell you what I will set you to ignore also.

You wont see me as one as your going to add me to ignore right
i see others also asked you to stop bickering guess they will be ignored aswell
And yes i can and do ask people here for advice info etc and its not unreasonable to be able to expect to read a thread without some one accused of smoking crack and sleeping with people simply because someone else doesnt agree.
TBH i dont care how you see me thats your issue not mine

The__Malteser;25932214]Stop bickering please, and more to the point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom