• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
OP
Hmm actually reading on abit its been reported some cards don't go above 100% as they're already at their limit.
yeah i've read that too which is making me believe the factory OC is too high and it needs more power to be stable but can't get any more power as its reached its limit.

Associate
OP
also if i didnt clarify the crashing isn't blue screen or entire system lock up where i have to restart. it just crashes every game i play back to the desktop

Associate
That’s very odd, the power advice and the under-clocking are all sound advice.

Any game at all?

Any reported errors?

Check the logs to see what windows is reporting (only sometimes useful but worth a shot)

You tried stripping the drivers out (DDU) and installing?

Associate
i tried it both with and without the dragon center software installed, no difference. sorry i don't get what you mean by daisy chained off one cable. i have a two 6+2 pin pcie connections coming straight from the PSU with one cable
probably a 2070 thing for me then.

Try with another PSU, preferably a 850W+ one.

I would do this too...

How much power draw is there in your system? Although not accurate as a monitoring tool use something like HWinfo64 to check system power consumption and ensure your PSU is upto the job. If the card is at or near max power draw and your CPU is getting close too then the draw of all of the other components in case comes in to play. things like, Bling, fans, HDDs (more so if spinddle) etc. The lack of power could be causing the driver to crash and kill the game, then when the draw drops the driver is reloaded

TrM

TrM

Associate
Have you totally uninstalled the display driver and reinstalled? I use a programme called Ddu to uninstall some people don’t recommend it but it’s allways been good for me.

Does sound like a driver issue since the pc isn’t totally locking up or restarting

Associate
OP
Have you totally uninstalled the display driver and reinstalled? I use a programme called Ddu to uninstall some people don’t recommend it but it’s allways been good for me.

Does sound like a driver issue since the pc isn’t totally locking up or restarting
yeah i've tried DDU a couple of times, hasn't seemed to help

Soldato
Ive got my Ventus up and running and doing a few benchmarks. Luckily not had any issues. Max boost ive seen so far is 2085 when gpu load isnt very high. no crashes.

wuszyXB.jpg

Soldato
TBH yours is the second thread I read with the crashing out of game, and both of you have the same PSU ...
I would see if you can get hold of another psu to try, if its still an issue after that RMA time IMO.

Associate
this is a long shot - but what kind of socket do you have the PSU plugged into? if its in like a 4-socket splitter, try plugging it directly into the wall solo. helped me once a long time ago ;)
tbh though you should probably just limit that card to factory settings. performance will still be insanely good. that card was known before launch to be a poor overclocker due to power limits.
if it crashes at factory settings, sent it back before 14 days passes and get a new one.

Associate
I just got mine today, same issue with PUBG and Warzone, can play a minute or two then game just freezes. Also had a VR title crash after half an hour.

Oddly can run benchmarks fine, heaven and fur mark as well as the Far Cry 5 built in benchmark all run fine.

EVGA 750W PSU with separate 8 pin cables to GPU.

Back
Top Bottom