** MSI RX 480 GAMING X 8GB ONLY £212 (AFTER CASHBACK) !! **

Associate
Me three, I'm thinking that if we all get denied, then cause a stink it'll be too much for them to ignore. If only some of us get refused then the others have a case as to why they can't deny it for the others. Hopefully it just gets sorted though, fingers crossed.

Associate
I'm confident you'll get cashback, even if it ends up taking a little longer than it should.

This was a reasonably publicised promotion and a lot of people purchased due to this from various sites.

You have followed ALL of the vague / simple instructions.

The will not want the bad publicity , which won't take long at this rate. I'm sure if it came to it an Overclockers rep would inform them if any problems their customers were experiencing , at which point MSI are sure to offer a streamlined method to resolve this - but we aren't at this stage yet and may not need to.

Associate
I've had issues before claiming other cashback with them wanting an invoice not the order confirmation email (which contained the same info). Except that required logging into my account on the site I purchased from and manually finding and downloading an official invoice.

I did just check what I sent to MSI and it says invoice with an invoice number at the top of it. Though I didn't submit my claim till about the 22nd December so likely to find out towards the end of March for mine...

Caporegime
I chased them up yesterday and got this reply today in my email:

"After checked with our agency, the invoice you send through is just an order not complete invoice(including buying price,VAT…). So that’s the reason your claim is not qualified.

Sorry for that."

This is despite sending them the required cashback form, my OcUK invoice and my box serial number cut out....

It might be worth @Gibbo having a word with someone at MSI if this is the case, just to nip it in the bud as it were. It won't reflect well on anyone if they're rejecting OcUK Invoices...

Associate
I chased them up yesterday and got this reply today in my email:

"After checked with our agency, the invoice you send through is just an order not complete invoice(including buying price,VAT…). So that’s the reason your claim is not qualified.

Sorry for that."

This is despite sending them the required cashback form, my OcUK invoice and my box serial number cut out....
Which email did you send your message to? I would also like to check up on the progress of my claim. Thanks.

Associate
Which email did you send your message to? I would also like to check up on the progress of my claim. Thanks.

I just called them on number from claim form (+44 020 3608 5252) and they confirmed that I'm "on the list to receive cashback, expect it within the next two weeks"

Associate
I just called them on number from claim form (+44 020 3608 5252) and they confirmed that I'm "on the list to receive cashback, expect it within the next two weeks"

Do you know who you spoke to on the phone?

The two people I've spoken to so far have been pretty useless and I don't think they know phonetics when trying to spell my name to them. Just wondering if maybe you got through to someone more helpful?

Associate
Do you know who you spoke to on the phone?

The two people I've spoken to so far have been pretty useless and I don't think they know phonetics when trying to spell my name to them. Just wondering if maybe you got through to someone more helpful?

I chose option 2 for sales dept. then option 2 again for components iirc. The person didn't speak great English so sounds like maybe you already reached the same dept.

Very easy to get an answer though they just took my name then said it was on the list to receive cashback. Took 2 mins tops.

Associate
Yep gone through those steps both times :( starting to doubt myself now but I'm pretty sure I sent the invoice not the delivery note.

I have it all scanned at home so will double check tonight.

Associate
Yep gone through those steps both times :( starting to doubt myself now but I'm pretty sure I sent the invoice not the delivery note.

I have it all scanned at home so will double check tonight.

Just for full disclosure I purchased mine from a competitor not OCuk. I also sent them the completed form by mail and email plus included a photo of the filled in form & cut-out piece of box together incase they lost it.

Associate
Just for full disclosure I purchased mine from a competitor not OCuk. I also sent them the completed form by mail and email plus included a photo of the filled in form & cut-out piece of box together incase they lost it.

Ah ok that's fair enough, I sent my form, invoice and box serial number via recorded delivery scanning all of them before sending. Then I emailed my completed form only and said the rest is in the post.

I'm assuming they've received it as they're saying I haven't sent them the correct invoice paper. I'll just wait to hear back from my email as I've asked for an update.

Associate
Ah poo, I've just checked my scans and I did send them the dispatch order by mistake :( I've already sent them the actual invoice in my email now though so hopefully still goes through fine.

Associate
I just called them up to see if I was on the list, which I am. They also told me that the rebate should be going out at the end of this week, so let's hope that all goes to plan.

Associate
Apart from the rebate, how are you all finding your cards? Mines pretty faultless, apart from a bit of coil whine in loading screens but I guess most cards do that. Is quiet and runs below 70c with fans at around 35%

Associate
I haven't really had too many issues with it. Couple of niggles i guess: 1, sometimes on boot my resolution will be at 800x600 or something weird, requiring a reboot and 2, A few times with previous drivers the fans have spun up to 100% and not turned off until reboot.

Performance wise, can't really fault it. It does a much better job than my old 7950 did!

Back
Top Bottom