• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** MSI RX 480 GAMING X 8GB ONLY £212 (AFTER CASHBACK) !! **

Associate
dates have been pushed back to 9th Jan

https://uk.msi.com/Promotions/all/current

but form states December still

so at OCUK price £269.99 equals £216

Some competitors have it at the old price still (£254.99). A shame really, usually OCuk have good pricing. Especially annoying as yesterday I inquired with their pre-sales team on if the price would change soon, with them saying they had no plans to. Yet the very next day it changed.

Associate
I figured it would probably return to regular pricing after the cyber monday stuff was taken out of the equation, this morning it was still 255 but then all the cyber monday banners were still up too.

I ended up buying it last night as it was too good an offer to miss. I'd expect most other places will be back to regular pricing by tomorrow too so may be worth taking advantage whilst it's still at 255!

Associate
I figured it would probably return to regular pricing after the cyber monday stuff was taken out of the equation, this morning it was still 255 but then all the cyber monday banners were still up too.

I ended up buying it last night as it was too good an offer to miss. I'd expect most other places will be back to regular pricing by tomorrow too so may be worth taking advantage whilst it's still at 255!

I was certainly expecting the change of price soon, but not after they said there were no immediate plans. Would have thought it would end of today/tomorrow.

Last edited:
Associate
Had mine delivered today, still at work though. Looking forward to going home and having a play, may even get the OC on my cpu pushed a little bit to see if i can get some better performance. Looking forward to seeing how much quieter it's going to be than my 7950 iceq =D

Associate
I'm really happy with the noise on mine. There is a tiny bit of coil whine, but it's not noticeable unless i really listen out for it.

As for fans. I ran a few benchmarks yesterday at stock clocks. Temps topped out at 72C with almost no noticeable fan noise. Very very happy!

Soldato
Im quite tempted but Im already on a GTX 970, last I read there is near no performance benefit between them in DX11 at least.
hmmm

I went from a 970 to a rx480 (my 970 developed issues) with no other system changes. In my personal experience the 480 (mine is a XFX GTR xxx) is a bit quicker in most, but not all dx11 games I've tried. DX12 on the 480 is a massive leap through. E.g. The 970 struggles to run Hitman smoothly on max settings, the 480 breezes through it.

Last edited:
Associate
On the rebate form it says:

"Please cut out the MSI barcode label (showing the S/N) from the colour box"

Does that mean the big red box itself that says MSI? As in, we're all going to have a hole in our boxes and missing our serial numbers from there too?

Last edited:
Associate
On the rebate form it says:

"Please cut out the MSI barcode label (showing the S/N) from the colour box"

Does that mean the big red box itself that says MSI? As in, we're all going to have a whole in our boxes and missing our serial numbers from there too?

That's what I think so too, but I'd hate leaving my box with a hole just to get the serial number..

Back
Top Bottom